Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Here's The Drum

These are on their way for my kitchen and my shop!


I know, I know, this is becoming rather tedious, my listing off everything in painstaking detail... daily! It's therapy for me though! The end is nigh!

Tile beds have been laid in wet areas (sand and concrete on the floor of my ensuite, butting up against my lovely cabinetry..... rather surreal). Shower screen has been measured up already! Quote of the day, from my tiler, carrying sand and concrete upstairs.... "You have 33 stairs, not including the one that is missing on the bottom level". Poor thing, he would have done that run 20 times, while I was there this morning. I almost felt like taking off my site heels and giving him a hand. Almost.

Air-conditioning fit out tomorrow. Front block wall core filled by the end of the week? Waterproofing sometime next week. Please don't rain - I have no tears left. Plumbing and lighting fit off's next Wednesday 6th and onwards. All this time and I still don't have all my lights. Oh well. Random stone looking a treat - will take a photo tomorrow. Painting will continue until the death knell. Floors sanded and polished 21st May. Cleaning 25-27th May. Move in 28/29th May. Just need the house "move-in-able" and everything else can wait!

12 comments:

  1. Those gorgeous jars are pretty special. Sounds like things will come together perfectly - stay positive!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting post dear A-M! Although you may not feel like they are, things are really moving along from where I sit slaving away in Stirling! Loved your comments over @ The Hedge this a.m., I reckon our paths may have crossed at some time. Yes, I've got all those things you mentioned & more on my desk at the moment, so thanks for the understanding.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds terrific that you have the date to move in. Who cares the left to do things. Important is you & the 3M's move in and as you said "everything else can wait".

    Ahhh... am so excited, Lady? seems I'll come over & help you clean & see to it the things are in place, dóh!!!

    SO happy that everything are now in place ---some §:-))

    Hugs & ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am exhausted just reading your to do list - but I have faith. Good luck, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont worry about that. I love it as much as you! Your new cannisters are beautiful.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, it's so close you can almost touch the finishing line! How wonderful it must be to start thinking about the decorating details for your beautiful new home. Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those canisters! Hopefully even if the whole house isn't finished a couple of rooms will be so you can moved in there while they finish the rest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honey, you're almost there...
    Brenda
    http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
    http://viewfromthepines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're getting closer, A-M!!! Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from now till moving day. And of course, every day after that too!!! :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY !

    The end is getting closer. It's been a journey for sure, and a lifelong lesson that you'll never forget.

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so wonderful hearing the positives in your posts now that you are in the "home straight"!!! Keep the photos coming, bye for now, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. A-M! What a gorgeous shop - I had my first little looksee today, absolutely gorgeous! I've already planned how I'll spend my next pay packet - dangerous!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx