Saturday, April 11, 2009

Paint and Stuff

The hall - first coat of 'Dulux, Antique White USA'.
Hey, where'd my floors go?

I thought I might quickly post pictures of our first sighting of the interior paint job. It's only had its first coat but it is such a warm white colour which contrasts nicely with the white, white ceiling and cornices. It's amazing how every room looks like it has a different hue of white depending on what the walls are reflecting.

The kitchen and bathroom benches are in too. Now we just need a tiler and things will be able to get a move on. Our official contract date is up this Monday the 13th. We still do not have a move date.

The laundry - first coat, looks pinkish due to the reflection of the brown decking outside.

Kitchen bench top is a greyish white stone.

Kitchen sink - just waiting for it's modern goose-neck tap.

Look at those very sad floors. Can't wait to see them polished!

Our bathroom basins - as you can tell I am a bit of an 'undermount' fanatic!
I love the simplicity and the fact that the mixer tap will take centre stage.

Oh and on a side note....today we all met our neighbours on the left side.... absolutely delightful people who can't wait for us to move in. They have an 11 year old son who my 11 year old instantly warmed to. "I can see him becoming my best friend Mum". What a bonus... great neighbours and happy boys!

Enjoy your holidays! A-M xx

9 comments:

  1. Have you already contacted the Builders Registration Board as well? Finding out the correct steps from them to get your builder in line could help. Have you reminded the builder that the finish date is coming up? I bet they've forgotten! Do they have to pay you penalties for not finishing on time, that may hurry them up.
    Lovely news about your neighbours - a best friend next door, thats childhood bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to look divine A-M and what a bonus you have lovely neighbours...and a boy the same age as yours!!!
    Have a great Easter,
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to read a positive report on your house progress :-) And great news about the neighbours :-)

    Happy Easter, A-M!!

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh A-M.... Progress! I'm so happy for you. Your paint color is beautiful and I LOVE all the transoms! Your ceiling moulding is spectacular- you must have a very good finish carpenter! What a delightful story that your wee-one has found a new friend right next door!

    And thank you for your words of encouragement. I truly can not tell you how much your message meant to me. It did help me to think that someone on the other side of the world understands (I'm only sorry that you do ;)... you are a dear! Thank you.
    Happy holidays to you too! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really nearly there A-M.
    Happy Easter and have a wonderful weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't WAIT to see this hallway done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi A-M I was wondering if you could help me with the paint colour dilemma thingy. We are about to start our new house and I cannot decide between a cool white (Dulux vivid white) or a warm white (Antique white USA) I have always been a warm white girl but all the reading I am doing suggests that large open plan high ceiling rooms should be cool whites! Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    P.S I just love what you have achieved, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Market Girl, have sent you an email. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx