Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Down To The Wire

Blurry photo sorry. I was talking while I took it!

The cleaners were in today. Oh they were doing a good job. It was all I could do to not join them. Itchin' to get in there too! The windows were scraped of all bits of paint and polished to perfection. Who needs window coverings with such perfectly clean windows! The cleaners were so lovely and said to me, "wait until you see your bathrooms when we're finished".

The front concrete path has been completed. It will be enough for us to manage the move now. My stalking of Energex paid off. They arrived this morning to connect up the power. I almost hugged them when they arrived. I don't think they have ever received such an excited welcome. Gas people have been notified of our Form 8 and duly stalked all day. City Council 'water meter relocation department' gave in to my daily phonecalls and have now rescheduled the water meter relocation to TOMORROW and not June 17th... this means we will 1. have water, and 2. be able to do a driveway next week. Shower screen door arrived just in time for the final building inspection/certificate. Our bank.... hmmmm, couldn't be more unhelpful. They will be the reason we will be camping on the floor this weekend. I am still hoping that some sort of miracle happens before Friday... but that's only a day away... we'll see.

'Red dot defects' walkthrough is tomorrow. Carpets will also be laid tomorrow and appliances arrive first thing in the morning. I will take some photos of everything all clean and tidy tomorrow during our walk through.

21 comments:

  1. Oh A.M how stunning your house looks I really want it. Looking forward to seeing the photos with all your furniture in. Hoping the rain stays away for you.

    lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-M, your house is looking totally gorgeous already. I am in love with the chandelier in your dining room area! And you sound so organised & with it. Obviously a little bit of utilities stalking goes a long way!! Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, this looks soooo cool! Hope you enjoy decorating now.

    hugsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is really amazing. You've got great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo, everything looks lovely. You are on the homestretch now! Hope your walk through goes okay. Fingers crossed for moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how it feels! The only thing you can do is Breath in and Breath out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking beautiful!!! I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A-M, So glad to have found your lovely blog today. When I started mine in January, I had every intention of documenting our homebuilding journey like you have. But the process is so painstakingly slow, I couldn't get motivated. You've changed that!

    Your house is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that entry way! I too, can't wait until you get in there and make everything just beautiful! I can't wait! I'm so excited for you I just might hug my monitor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my dear

    I am living this at the moment, but from the 'contractor' so to speak perspective; doing an installation in Athens hand over to the client this Friday! Good luck to both of us :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! peeped you early today & can't leave my footprints as my laptop freezes!!!

    Now, you have to chill out, OK? enjoy camping inside for awhile till your chic furniture comes.

    Ohhh.... can't wait to see them!

    Take care, Lady & see yah soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow looks like things are really coming along good luck with the move I praying there is no rain this weekend. Can't wait to see some more pictures. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your floors are so incredibly shiny. I'm jealous. On another note, I'm so thrilled to have come across your lovely blog and have added you to my blogroll over at Urban Flea. Cheers my dear!
    xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
    www.urbanfleadesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cleaners?! Oh my, how lovely! I am envious as I am still cleaning to get in! A-M, the photo, even blurry, looks amazing! I am so happy for you that you are this close! Wonderful, fabulous job! You are almost there! Don't forget to stop and really enjoy these days!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Almost done!!!! I can't wait to see it with the furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! The all house looks so nice!
    I am so excited for you!
    Great job!

    iLa

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my god i am so ridiculously excited for you i am going to pee myself!! It is looking FABULOUS, I've just caught up and scrolled through your previous posts. Dear A-M, when I move to Queensland (which has been my dream for the last ten years), would you invite me over for a cuppa?

    xx

    PS please tell me you are not camped out in that mud now your lease is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It all looks georgous!! Im am so looking forward seeing you decorate it. Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG how exciting! I hope your bank pulls a miracle for you & gets it all done by tomorrow arvo. I will be thinking of you. :)
    ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  20. so pretty - i've been watching your building project for so long! love it!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!!! I haven't blogged for nearly a month and what I have missed....Your beautiful new home is spectacular!!! Hopefully I will be back in a week or so!!! Can't wait to drop by more often....Take care Love Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx