Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Outa Here

Image Courtesy Debi Treloar

I am deliriously tired from a very long day. Spent the day cleaning, helping with appliance deliveries (fridge arrived all dinged so I will be getting replacement doors in a fortnight or so!), paying bills, rushing home to fax documents, vacuuming new carpet and pretty much detailing the new abode. We left the house after the sun went down and after we played with all the lighting combinations. I am so pleased with our lighting... very simple, basic actually, but considering combinations of pendant, task and lamp lighting, it all looks spectacular.

I started taking photos this morning, then got distracted and never considered the camera again so I'm sorry you will have to wait until at least some of our furniture is in before I post some more.

We have done our sums tonight, while paying stressfully large bills! and I am also pleased to say that we came in right on budget, give or take a few thousand. I'm wrapped. I've kept control of everything I could have down to the letter and the few unavoidable blow outs... plumbing, electrical circuitry... couldn't be avoided, but were offset by bargains where I could get them......

Boy this has taken a physical toll on me... I STILL HAVE MY COUGH ..... but it has been well worth it. The place tonight (despite the mud) looked magical. My heart skipped a beat when we left. I'M FINALLY EXCITED! Thank you for all your wonderful support, my friends. You have helped me deal with the tough times and have been so generous in your compliments. I am sorry I have not been able to visit many of you lately. Once I am settled, I will have a big 'session'. This bloggy blog is not over. I will continue to post as often as I can but I will also be spending time over at my shop blog.... now need to pay for all this. Good night my friends. See you on the other side... whenever Telstra can get their act together and get me a phone line! (another story).

16 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed reading about your house. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see it furnished. I'm American, with an Australian mom, and I haven't been to Brisbane since I was a little girl, but thanks to your blog and absolutelybeautifulthings, I'm dying to see it again some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, I am so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of your weekend. What an exciting time for you all. Found any grey hairs?

    Cheers
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are excited! It's been stressful, I know, but everything is looking just beautiful. It's been so fun to take this journey with you. Can't wait to see finished photos!
    Hang in there, the finish line is in sight!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a wonderful life in your new house. May all of your dreams for this house become reality. And may it be dry as a bone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AM - well done for making it thus far!!! Merely hours to go (well, nearly), so I am glad you are finally excited about getting the keys to your gorgeous home! My bet? Your cough FINALLY disappears after just a week in your new place :)
    Warm regards
    Romana

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always! my sayings: Chill Out, lady?
    Blogging is fun but each of us have priorities.

    Just remember that am proud of you & you know that. Take a short break and one thing at a time.

    Enjoy the week-end w/ the 3M's. See yah around, mate? *wink

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly a wonder dear A-M! You, L & your 2 cherubs deserve to really enjoy the next week in The House That A-M Built, this is your moment, now go enjoy every second of it! What a time it's been sharing this amazing journey with you, the high & the lows, the laughter & the tears. The biggest high five & the warmest of hugs to you.
    Love Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Horray!!! I am so excited that 'you' are now excited!(I get it though... the stress really zaps the excitement along the way, doesn't it.) It will all be spectacular and so worth all of the effort and stress! Look forward to seeing more pics! (p.s. I am SOOOO envious and impressed that you are on budget!;) So happy for you! And so glad you didn't have my GC!!!)
    joan

    and one more thing... that photo of your precious wee ones on the sidebar is too, too, too adorable- what loves they are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI there, a friend turned me onto your blog and I am certainly hooked! Your sense of style is fabulous, and your new home is just beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a fine job. Now it's tieing up the dings and dots. Pat yourself on the back and have a cup uf what ever works for you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! So excited for you! Can't wait to see the new pics of the place all decorated. AND I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so exciting A-M. And the accountant in me is VERY excited to hear you came in on budget, I believe that can be a rare thing when building. So looking forward to seeing more pics, I bet you can't believe it. Enjoy it all xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I can't wait to hear that this is now your home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am new to your blog but have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your progress in the last couple of days.

    I also have a house in Brisbane that is currently rented out but will need renovating soon, so it would be great to learn about the tradespeople you used. There's no better recommendation than word of mouth.

    ...all the best ...and I look forward to reading more about your move-in and settling down to a new life in your gorgeous new home. It really does look spectacular!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am new to your blog but have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your progress in the last couple of days.

    I also have a house in Brisbane that is currently rented out but will need renovating soon, so it would be great to learn about the tradespeople you used. There's no better recommendation than word of mouth.

    ...all the best and I look forward to reading more about your move-in and settling down to a new life in your gorgeous new home. It really does look spectacular! It's everything I imagined my dream home would look like

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well A-M, you have done it!
    Congrautlations on a job extremely well done.
    Catch you soon.
    ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx