Saturday, May 9, 2009

Where It's At

Hi! Back with some photos. It's all happening now. Busy times.

Laundry tiling commenced ......yet not grouted. My tiler was mortified that I was going to publish photos of his unfinished work! Some taps are in....

Bathroom tiles. Boys bath is a mosaic version of the floor tile, to make it a bit more masculine. Ensuite bath hob has the white damask wall tile = more feminine! Frameless glass for shower to come, once grouting is finished.

Ensuite

My tiler laid out my fireplace tile for me. I love it. It will tone in so beautifully with my brown/grey spotted gum floors. Can you see them (the floors) under all that white paint? They will be sanded back on the 21st of May.... and counting.


Laid up against the fireplace, along the window seat.

Hi Harry! He's chipping out a channel for a flush bolt.

Staining commenced on stair rail. Balustrades and newel posts will be white, like everything else in the house! Need my sunnies for site visits now... it is sooo bright!

Door handles on.

... yet still painting around them. Painter number 3, you are doing such a marvellous job.

Window latches on.

Windows glossed up.

Kitchen tiling started - minus grout and painted architraves!... and stove and rangehood!

Pantry tiling minus grout!

Stove minus everything not firmly attached to it (all sitting on my dining room table at home).

Lights being installed.


Airconditioning installation almost complete.

The random stone is a BIG job. Still laying it out on the terrace.

Align LeftStill lots of dirt on Friday... but today, it's all gone! ....forgot my camera though...
Front fence will be rendered and will have gates to match balustrade pattern. Look, we almost have front stairs. They lead nowhere though as that area inside the front gate has to be built up to them, be concreted, then paved.


Less than 3 weeks to go. There will be more action this week so more photos to come.

18 comments:

  1. Are you LOVING the white? It looks so beautiful!!! I'm dying to know what colors you will be using throughout your home to decorate with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous AM - no more sticks as window locks? Yay! Hope more smooth sailing in the few weeks to come :)
    Regards
    Romana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how it always comes together at the last minute. Looks great!

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic progress - I can almost hear the delivery vans rolling up with all your furnishings. Enjoy the weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you.. It has gone from a building site.. to a house.. and soon to be a home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooops... i forgot... have a great Mothers' Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those days when I am thankful that I adore our home. Otherwise, I would be terrible envious of your incredibly beautiful home -in-the-making. It is fabulous! Can't wait to see it when you have it completed and furnished~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the tile! Your lighting is gorgeous. It is looking absolutely fabulous! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fabulous! It must be so exciting so see all these details coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I am speechless!
    A wonderful home is waiting for you ;)

    iLa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so, so excited for you! Soon you will be showing us decorating photos of finished rooms. I bet you can't wait. I'd have images of decorating dancing in my head!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool to see that your house looks a home now.

    Just dropping a quickie look to greet you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's looking fabulous - better start organising the housewarming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all really coming together and looking great. Got my fingers crossed for you that it doesn't rain! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to see door hardware - now that IS exciting! And the light fittings, wow! I love how you've changed the heading to your Countdown Meter - you'd better book that apartment over @ Quay West.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I can't beleive it's all nearly finished. You must be pinching yourself! Love the oven! Love the pendant in the stairwell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello ;) I am glad I finally droped in to see what is going on with the house ;) Only 3 weeks to go then , You must be a happy girl atm... I was very occupied with all kind of things so had nooo time to visit before . See you A.M. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks beautiful. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx