Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hello

Hello my friends! Another pictureless post.... can't find my camera cord! Here I am, up at the crack of dawn...still too excited to sleep. Had the phones connected yesterday and have managed to get a temporary dial up account in order to still run my business. As much as I would love to visit you all, each page load up takes 10 minutes, so I will wait until our cable has been set up to catch up with you all! Unpacking continues. I pretty much have unpacked everything upstairs. The garage is a mess...with mud (it is an access point through the mud), garage stuff, some of my shop stock, and of course the frogs (in their temporary home... we've had one death... rather emotional journey for my boys).

Painting still continues. Wayne has made it inside now and it working on all the blue stickers we placed everywhere during our walkthrough this week. Hopefully the plumbers will be here today. The waterproofers (for 'the wall') have finally finished and the plumbers have to connect up pipes from the laundry and the rainwater tank, on the right hand side. I have no washing machine connected, which is a killer... so thanks Mum for doing the washing run! .... not only plays a mean piano but is a dab hand at washing dusting rags and dirty soccer clothes!

My Roman blinds are being fitted upstairs today.... no more duck and run from the shower... yay! I will have to enjoy delayed gratification with the Great Room, Study and Kitchen window dressings as they are still being created, mulled over, schemed about. My kitchen? .... my kitchen...oh how I love my kitchen...... you are going to love it. It will be the first picture I post.
I lovingly cleaned the stove top after dinner last night, thinking....."this is the first new stove I have ever had... every other one I have had has been used by someone else.... I will never complain about cleaning this stove"!!!

My boys are joyous.... meeting toys they have not seen for over 2 years (2 years in storage is a long time for a toy... there is a danger that they have been grown out of...... but no, we have found a place for every treasured thing... even the rock collection... from which a few have been taken to be proudly displayed in the Great Room, above the 'games cupboard'...... how flash does that sound...'The Games Cupboard'!

Well I could literally ramble on for hours... I am euphoric at the moment and ever so grateful that we are in. My goal today is to find my camera cord and start posting pictures of our home.
I'm home!

14 comments:

  1. AM what a journey - so great to hear that you are settling in and loving it. Wait til your little men have their first swim in their pool - I'd say that might beat the stove euphoria !! Looking forward to the photos Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds so wonderful! I can just pictures the boys so excited to see all of their things. What a blessing! Can't wait to see the kitchen! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! A great room...that really sounds heavenly:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound so satisfied with the choices that you've made and the hard road that you have traveled. I'm so happy for you and your family and I know that you truly have come home. I anticipate those first pictures you post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi A-M,
    I can almost hear the excitment in your voice(!) from here. I am so glad that you are happy with everything in your new home.
    Having a giggle about the oven thing....we have only ever lived in rentals, so I also will cherish the day that I finally get things that have never been used by anyone else.
    Hope you found your camera cord today.
    ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home!
    Thrilled to see your house!
    Congratulations! Enjoy every moment!
    iLa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound so happy :-) I am happy for you. It's been sich a long road and quite bumpy there towards the end so you deserve to write a happy dreamy post like that.

    Pleased to hear that you are all settling in. Sorry to hear about the Frog, sad experience for your boys.

    Loved the comment about cleaning the stove. I remember feeling like that almost 6 months ago....now not so much.

    Enjoy! Looking forward to the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm teary eyed girl! I'm so with you on the oven thing, enjoy & savour every mini-moment. Now leave the computer & keep looking for your camera cord - we're all desperate for photos!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - there really is no place like home is there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such exciting times, A-M! You must be thrilled to see the 'still to be completed' list getting smaller and smaller each day. I bet you thought the day would never come!

    Well done xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see you so happy and excited, A-M :-) Especially after the heartache you went through with the flooding in the basement.

    Speaking of heartache... sorry to hear about the frog. It's hard to lose any pet, even a little green one!!

    Can't wait till you're up and running at full speed and can post LOTS of pictures!! :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a journey you have taken us all on. It must feel like your first day at school. Excited and unsure of just what to do.

    CONGRATS to you and your family.


    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific to hear you are starting to settle in. My youngest often bemoans some toy or other that he is sure must be in a box somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a bit behind in my blog reading, so I am tardy in saying "Welcome Home At Last"!

    You should hide all the toys that weren't packed so they can be "new" again in 6 months....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx