Saturday, June 27, 2009

Keeping It Very Real

We had to put the contents of our garage somewhere, while the garage floor and downstairs rooms were coated and sealed in a waterproof coating (results in a subtle flecked resin look)....so they ended up here ... in my lovely Great Room. You dont want to see the hall! It's been over a week since we cleared everything out so 'sing songs' around the fireplace have been out for a while. The rest of the stuff, the large stuff... fridge, exercise bike, treadmill, tables, cupboards have been stacked neatly under our front steps/porch. It's been raining for a few days... very heavy at present... so I am not looking forward to inspecting the potential damage. We had nowhere else to put the stuff. .....so todays task... move everything back in/down to the garage.

It's all very real here at "The House".... lots of hard physical work... no more pretty pictures for a few more days. Oh I have to show you my ensuite bathroom and my laundry. I'll tidy them up! and show them to you next week. Have a great weekend, my friends.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Everyone has pictures like that where you can see very little floor and nothing but a sea of boxes... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - it doesn't get much more real than this! What an ordeal you've had - hopefully all the nasty surprises are nearly at an end and you can begin to enjoy your beautiful house. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it!! It looks about as real as my place right now. But I can still spy a cute sidetable and interesting candelabra in the background there. Have fun:) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been in our house since Novemver last, and my computer room still looks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess a reality check is always necessary in this game. It's so easy to get caught up in the details of building, forgetting what's important. Discomfort has its place as a reminder to us.
    A-M, just imagine how much sweeter the end result will be when this is FINALLY over ???

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure looks real A-M - i know that scene only too well. xv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx