Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Great Room

Designers/stagers - you have my permission to weep over the fact that I did not remove the packing foam from under the piano legs for this photo - too tired by this stage! I was only thinking of my readers and their need to see photos..... any photos!

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your LOVELY comments. I am dying to visit all of you individually but I am still on a dial up internet connection and everything takes absolutely AGES! How did I run an internet business on dial up all those years ago?????Isn't it funny how quickly you get so used to things.

This is the piano end of the Great Room, still waiting on 2 Louis chairs to soften the 'dagginess' of my 8 year old beige suede Freedom sofa (still in such good nick, I could NOT justify ditching it....... just yet!). The sister of this sofa is upstairs in the main bedroom..... which consists of bed and sofa... ran out of funds! The fireplace works but it makes me nervous. I have never had a fireplace before and..... with gas... it scares me for some reason...... oh and 'she of peasant stock' keeps thinking, "every millilitre of gas in this thing is one less millilitre I could use for my hot shower". Oh and don't get me started......... if I have to say one more, "turn off the lights".....

I am having gorgeous duck-egg blue silk curtains made for the French door behind the piano and Romans in a similar coloured patterned fabric. The window seats will have piped linen cushions in a darker blue hue. There will also be some sort of natural fibre rug...... that I haven't met yet. I am also having a beautiful lamp shade made up for that little lamp on the black drawers in the corner.

I can't wait for my fast internet connection. I have all this lovely new homewares stock for my store that I am very keen to load up. I will of course be displaying it first in my home..... who needs a boring old photo tent now. My Great Room window seats have the most perfect light for product photographing. Will I ever leave this place? I can't even bear to go grocery shopping. Where did A-M go?.... she was swallowed by 'The House'.

27 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Glad you took a pic for us even if there is packaging in it! God Bless you as you continue to settle in!
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! It's so lovely (packing and all;) and already decorated... I'm still unpacking boxes. Will you come help me unpack now?!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon can I just say Swoon! And I love your stagers comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one beautiful piano.I would love to have a piano just like that, not that I can play one but it has such beauty and elegance.The room is just divine too.Can't wait to see the rest.Take care, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally breathtaking A-M you haven't wasted anytime unpacking. What a fabulous kitchen and great room love love love it - Enjoy your long weekend pottering around and admiring your new home. Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is turning out to be quite DIVINE!!!!
    GOOD for YOU!!!
    ENJOY!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not here for a week and Yes..... MA is inn! I wish you a lot of luck in this new place ;) The kitchen looks gorgeus and I think your chairs are sooooo pretty, as is the great room!
    looking forward to more pictures.
    bye for now .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a stunning room even with the packaging left on the floor, will look even more stunning when the curtain & blinds are up....

    Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very impressed with the mount of unpacking you have managed to do in such a short space of time. This looks like a lovely room in which to spend a winter evening - piano playing, fire flickering, nice glass of wine... perfect!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect. Just perfect! Congrats on a great job very well done!

    Can't wait to see the rest as it all unfolds...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmy computer is down and out But I have managed to use my sons laptop this mourning The House is really beautiful enjoy you've worked hard. What do your boys think?
    Kind Regards
    Karen
    PS This should stop you looking for that block of land for a while

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You have done a great job! I have the same chandelier and I love it - I turn it on even during the day just so I can see it lit up - bliss. Really, this is a gorgeous house! Beautiful - enjoy settling in xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What packing foam??? My eyes are in heaven. Your Great Room is just gorgeous.
    Have a fabulous long weekend & enjoy your new house.
    ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. A-M, what can I say...your great room looks GREAT! I hope you & your boys are enjoying it. Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every room that you reveal is more lovely than the last. You have a wonderful home... thank you for taking us along on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning. Absolutely Stunning. Come visit me here in the states and help me when you're done. : )

    xo
    Suzann

    ReplyDelete
  17. A-M, so incredibly beautiful, The Great Room and the kitchen. so very very exciting and thank you so much for allowing us to join you in this journey, very lucky xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG......you can't possibly call it the GREAT room !!!! It's got to be the 'BEAUTIFUL' room..LOL. You have got such exquisite taste A-M. Your decor is an inspiration to the rest of us, I'm sure. Down with dial-up net connection, I say!! Bring on the pics. Dying to see the rest of your home & how you've decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic A-M. I feel as if I should be celebrating I am so happy and excited for you. Everything looks totally wonderful and more pics when you can please....enjoy the weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A-M, you have done a fantastic job!!!!!! I am so glad you are all in "the house". I can't wait to see the rest of your house... what an inspiration!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. GORGEOUS both your greatroom and kitchen!! I am so excited for you! Can`t wait to see even more from your beautiful home! Have a happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh thank you my friends. I am so grateful for your kind comments and support. I will visit you all soon. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Astonishing! This could have not been anything else rather than a GREAT room!
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A-M, can you tell me what you've used on your fireplace? Is it like a stacked stone or bricks? I'm trying to work out what we should do and that looks a possibility without being too 'chunky'.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Little Miss,
    It's a stone tile that I sourced at a tile place in Brisbane. If you email me, I can give you all the specification. We could not have heavy bricks due to the fact that the fireplace is on the second level on a wooden floor. The weight of the tile was just perfect. It's not too chunky and I think it won't date as soon as stacked stone, which seems to be all the rage in every new home here. I needed something a bit more classical but with a modern edge. I am so happy with it. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh a-m, it's beautiful! can I come and play? px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx