Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pool Shenanigans

'Lloydy' holding up the waterline tiles, for us to decide on a suitable width - we decided on the smaller width.

'Lloydy' arrived yesterday to start back on the pool, Public Holiday and all..... so impressed Lloydy. He went all silly when I told him that his arrival was worthy of a mention on my blog. I made him hold the position he was in (in the photo above) while I ran through the house to get my camera.

Look, hubby has bogged up all the holes in the picket fence before he paints it white... this is going to be interesting to watch!

Craig - Master Tile Craftsman

My boys loved the whole 'Lloydy' day. Little one kept thanking them for doing the pool. Look, my boys match the pool tiles!

Our random stone outside the French Doors - isn't it beautiful!

'Lloydy' is still threatening to move into the pool house, as a contra-deal for completing the pool. We will have to get an outdoor kitchen now so he will have somewhere to refrigerate the milk for his morning cereal. He reckons he is going to swan around in a white suit to blend in with his surroundings... so that when anyone says "I've been meaning to ask you, who's that guy in your pool house?" we can just say, "what guy"? More photos of the pool next week when the internals are done! Promise.

15 comments:

  1. Lookin' great! I'm coming over to swim someday!!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pool is looking great! Love the stone- just beautiful. I also love that 'everyone' was dressed to match the tile!! You are one great organizer A-M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice will this be next Summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are able to laugh and enjoy seeing the finishing touches completed around your home AM :) Must be great to be "in"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so now I am REALLY jealous so much want a pool like yours & a pool house on top! Your random stone has come up a treat, looking good girl....

    Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahaha, I love that after all that you have been through these last two years, you and your family as well as people like Lloydy have got such a wickedly delicious sense of humour about finishing up the little details of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a big job, its looking fabulous, cant wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. um, tell Lloydy no! The pool house is my home away from home!!! I'd be like a live in baby sitter, perfect! Looking beautiful Miss A-M x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you tiling the whole pool A-M? So many choices, aren't there? It's great to have choice but sometimes there are far too many choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! and Fun!
    The blue line around the pool is cool. Once again I love the random stone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photo, looks like Lloyd is now famous!

    The pool is going to be great, I am sure that the boys will love it and never want to hop out...

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since the pool is comming along in leaps & bounds, I put forward a suggestion: that once the summer hits, you supply the pool & I'll supply the cocktails!
    Seriously though, once complete it's going to look amazing....who needs to go on holidays when you have this little number in your own back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is looking absolutely beautiful around your place! Congrats on finally being able to move in and start unpacking! I know the relief you must feel! I could cry with you, it is very exciting for sure!

    blessings in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you girls, for your lovely comments. Little Miss... no we are not tiling the pool, only the waterline as in the picture. The rest is a white pebblecrete with blue chips, the colour of the waterline tiles.... will make it a very light coloured pool. Tiling would have made it too 'dark and stormy', as my boys put it.... easier to clean too when it's a light colour! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx