Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pool


Pool goss:

It's now sparkling blue..... and according to my blue lipped boys yesterday, "it's the best pool ever". Yes, they attempted a swim. It was freezing and despite hot showers afterwards, both my boys shivered all afternoon. Hubby purchased some little remote controlled boats for the boys to play with, from the sides, until it gets a little warmer to swim. There were shrieks of delight yesterday, with boats smashing into pool noodles and floaty toys just everywhere. 5am this morning, "Mum, can I go and sail my boat?". "When there's some daylight sweetheart".

Don't mind all the junk in the pool house. There is still so much to be done. Took hubby all Sunday to sand the left hand side picket fence, for painting. The pink fence will soon be white and the rendered wall will be the same grey colour as the house. We are installing flowing white outdoor curtains on the pool house posts and of course looking for a nice white outdoor setting. We will have lots of greenery in pots, around the sides of the pool.

We put a tile band on each step in the corners so that there would be no bumped heads on steps.

Close up of the blue pebble fleck. All the edges have been smoothed off so this shallow area, with the spa jets, will be lovely to sit on, in summer.

So that's our pool for now. I hope to have a 'before and after' reveal, once we paint everything and add some greenery and some furniture. I just need to get through the internal repaint first!

16 comments:

  1. Oh I wish it was warm enough to dive in ... it's supposed to be 23 degrees here in Sydney but am wearing ugh boots and hogging my little heater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pool is gorgeous!! And what a great idea to buy boats until the boys can swim. So very clever. Sending good thoughts and hugs as you endure the repainting. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pool! I love the blue bands on the steps. You will live out there in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just dreamy! What a great idea to get boats for the boys! Bet they are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remote control boats are a great idea - why have I never thought of that? Even my boys have stopped swimming gin our pool now. I have to confess that since buying the house I have never been in - the warm bath temperature I need was just never there!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, it is so gorgeous well done. Bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pool is beautiful and perfect for those hot Brisbane summers! Well done you - your wonderful attention to detail has paid off brilliantly. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely!{especially since it is summer here}
    Can't wait to see the greenery and curtains, and all the little finishing touches.
    (do you have to repaint the outside of the house too?)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-M, EVERYTHING looks lovely so far, even with some setbacks I think youre one lucky family! Enjoy Enjoy that pool! Cant wait for more pics. Julie in Holland

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Sigh* I can fully understand your boys wanting to go for a swim in that gorgeous pool - regardless of the weather! Just when I think your posts can't be topped with the beauty of the house, you have to do it again. These pictures blow my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The pool is just gorgeous, A-M!!!

    Anette:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it kicks ass over OUR pool, but I don't care...we are lucky to even HAVE one, and in Hawaii, it's a freaking lifesaver. :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pool (and the surrounding area) looks simply gorgeous, and how clever of your husband to buy remote controlled boats for the boys. Sounds like your family is going to have a lot of fun come Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How many guest rooms do you have? Just trying to figure out exactly where my husband, two girls and I will be sleeping when we come for a visit! ;)
    The pool and surrounding area are gorgeous. I love the glass partitions and can't wait to see the final product with flowing curtains, outdoor setting and greenery!
    Also love the remote control boat idea~ very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cant bear the thought of your boys in the pool. It is FREEZING with torrential rain and howling wind here in Tassie.

    How nice to have it done though A-M.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! It's WONDERFUL! Here's hoping for hot weather soon for your sweet boys!

    p.s. I have the hardest time getting on and commenting on your blog... don't know why. I get an 'operation aborted' flag. So if I'm absent sometimes that is why.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx