Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Powder Room



This is our downstairs powder room. If you enlarge the second image, you might be able to see the pretty damask pattern in the wall tile. When the light shines brightly through the little window the pattern on the wall tiles is very evident and is just gorgeous.

Behind the sink wall is a generously sized shower and to the direct right another wall hides the toilet. To the centre right are the steps down to the laundry. I cut up the grey floor tile into mosaics for the shower recess. They look great and they were so affordable! Everyone comments on the tiles. Oh how I LOVE a bargain.... with lots of bang for your buck!

A wonderful Mum at my boys school, sourced the taps and sink also at great prices for me as she is a qualified Interior Designer. Thanks J... we love them!

The rose is from my hubby.... my first bunch of flowers for our new home. He has his 'beer goggles' on at the moment and keeps staring all googly eyed at me and thanking me for the house!!! I'm lapping it up and using it to my advantage whenever he suggests something tragic wrt decoration/design. "Trust me" has so much more mileage now!

We have made a new house rule. We all sit down at our little 4 seater table for dinner together each night and we take turns at saying what we were most grateful for in the day. It's now getting a bit tedious as "this beautiful house" has been done to death. Last night my 'grateful thing'?.....the concreters started on the driveway yesterday and will be all done by the end of Tuesday..... less mud! Oh my poor floors... they're not lookin' too flash at present!

PS. I have tried to visit you all but my internet connection is too slow. It's like being locked out of a lolly shop. The cable guy didn't even turn up for his appointment yesterday so I have to wait until Thursday now for the resheduled appointment.

13 comments:

  1. Just you wait A-M, I will be back to get the grand tour of this lovely home. I think it's so essential to sit down at the table each night and talk about what you're grateful for. It's such a good way to stay grounded. Enjoy all of the little things that you'll discover (rediscover) each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to do each evening.. hope you are enjoying the weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Om, A-M!!! Wow! The kitchen, the great room and the powder room is just GORGEOUS!!!! I looove your house! Everything looks sooo beautiful! You lucky girl;)

    Anette:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the mirror! I can just imagine the pattern on the tile is amazing in person! You have done such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds lovely...and wow to your powder room.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!!! Your visitors won't want to come out of there!! Oh wait! Yes they will....the rest of your house is even better!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well dearest A-M it has been so long since I have dropped by and my, my, my what an amazing job you have done...just so, so gorgeous!!!! Love to you Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A-M -- Your powder room is stunning and that's one of the best sink mirrors I've seen for that purpose in ages. What a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great powder room!!!!! Great job with your home! I am so happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you don't mind but I just posted your powder room on my blog:) Its to lovely not show!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm finally catching up in blogland and WOW - what amazing things have been going on! Love, love, LOVE that mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on moving in!!!!!! I can't believe it.. Im so excited for you.. and woweee your house looks so amazing. I'd like to move in too! I am adoring your bathroom it is super fabulous! Well, I'm off to get a snack :-) Just wanted to say congrats and enjoy your beautiful new home! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx