Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Inspiration

Image Courtesy Sony Pictures

Like everyone else in the total universe, this pool from 'the famous movie', was my inspiration for my pool and terrace. I knew I was going to do the French door thing, I knew I was going to do some sort of flagstone, random stone thing and I knew I had to do the pool light thing but......


.... I never imagined it would be so pretty at night! 'Lloydy'.... you are a master!


Sorry about the tragic photos... these were the best I could do. I have a dinky, 'keep in your handbag', cheap camera jobby that comes in very handy when one stumbles upon an 'emergency defect in current house build' and not so handy for panoramic, potentially breathtaking scenes. Oh well, my care factor on this issue is relatively zero which frees me up to worry about more important things like... what sort of furniture should I place around my pool? Adirondacks, lounges? Hmmm. Lets firstly finish painting the picket fence, retaining wall and pool house and splashing some greenery around. Hubby and I are tackling the painting next weekend so I guess that means I will have to find some pyjama pants to wear alongside hubby.... oh and a cricket hat!
A-M xx

22 comments:

  1. I'm loving the pool lighting. I'll have to remember that when the day comes that I can have my own inground pool!
    Can't wait to see pics of the turf you laid yourselves!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful cough marvelous splutter LLoydy a magician hack hack looks so good gag do the boys love it? errrk
    Jane of Janezworld

    ReplyDelete
  3. did I mention i love the new (it doesn't show in a reader - so you might want to mention it) header image...how can you get any work done in that room?
    Jane again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, the pool looks so lovely! I can imagine some late night swims in that lovely oasis. I can't wait to see photos of the turf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep my favourite movie set also!! Now I see why I love you house so much.. and i want your pool!! Will be coming up for summer!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I've commented before, but I'm just madly in love with everything you've done with/to your home. This pool is no exception! Thank you for sharing this whole process with us. It's been fun drooling over everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is just beautiful A-M and 'Lloydy' has given you the pool to match. Good luck with the fence painting - maybe it'll be a bonding experience with hubby :). Meredith xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, now I want to see that pic!!

    Your pool area looks so good, no wonder you are excited and thinking about furniture, I would be. Love your french doors.

    Have a great day, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it and I can't wait for it to be me. I am so happy for you and your little family. I keep promising my little boy that in our next house we will have a pool. I just keep wondering if he will still be living with us by then or maybe in college? Right now he is 6. Congratulations A-M, you did it. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pool and outdoor area looks exactly like your inspiration photo. Amazing just gorgeous. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. See some things work out just like they are suppose to. A lovely pool hope you have many hours of joy and fun in it. xo, MB

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh I love that movie too.....but your house is getting just as beutiful!Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Beautiful! Bring on summer so you can really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, A-M!!

    Your friend
    Anette:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bring me to Brisbane, NOW! §:-))

    I do love the lightning you have. Ur Lloyd is really a proffs, ain't he?

    Have a nice Thursday but for me? am still dreaming coz still Wednesday here.
    Am just feeling luxurious today. To know why? Visit me at my place, so you can see how luxurious a career woman can be in her dreamy day §:-))

    xoxo lots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pool looks fabulous in the day and night! The lights are gorgeous! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pool looks stunning Day & night - Lloydy is the champion of pools! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi A-M,love your pool, would love to hear from you re what your pool pavers are and also what pepple crete and whether you added blue to it to get the lovely blue water you have, your house is amazing, you should be very proud and very excited. CC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx