Thursday, July 2, 2009

Time For A Breather

Image Courtesy Good Housekeeping

Sorry about my absence over the past few days. I have being suffering a stocktake for my little store, while entertaining a house full of boys and cooking for them and cleaning up after them and mending them (falling down steps is a full time job in this house). Now to take a breather ... well sort of... I'm now starting on the end of year accounting today. Done the counting, now the accounting.

I really do need to swan around and take lots more photos of the place. Things have come to a standstill, sort of ... funny how things stop when the funds dry up. I am waiting on some more furniture for the Great Room, a desk for moi (you should see the little setup I have here in the 'Frog Room'.... and it's freezing down here!) and all my beautiful soft furnishings, that will be installed in a few weeks time.

The new painter starts today, in 45 minutes!. "Just start at the Front Door and work your way to the back". He will arrive at 7am every day, I have been told, so he'll be joining hubby and me for a coffee in front of the fire, before he starts!

Have a great day everyone. I will put together a few more photos of "The House" for you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Yippee. New painter. Sending you good painting vibes right now!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't think of a better place to take a breather than this one.

    enjoy.

    loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have a rest and a good end of financial year lie down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to hear you write about the 'P' word. Enjoy your days free of the school routine A-M.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and me both! I never want to hear the "P" word again!

    Then again if it means that someone else is doing it, maybe it is not quite so bad!

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx