Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weather Report

Image Courtesy Phoebe Howard

Well I thought I'd report on how we survived our first 33 degree day in "The House".

I flung open the windows and doors, front and back, and let a delicious breeze flow through the whole house... it was just beautiful....and to think we had our fireplace roaring just last week.. where did Spring go? It was very humid outside yesterday too but once you stepped back inside... cool (I am so glad I insulated). Oh goody.. I am so not an airconditioning girl... give me a warm breeze any day. I think we might get away with a breezy summer. Boys were beside themselves... straight from school and into the pool. All through dinner they kept thanking me for letting them swim after school! Ah, the novelty!... let it last!

LOTS of bugs though...and I was so excited about having 'real' windows... double hung, with no screens. Both hubby and I hung out each little study window yesterday, to talk to the gas man, who was downstairs outside changing over gas bottles. He must have thought "who are these two nutters, leaning out these windows, chatting to me?". I said to hubby, "how great is it having real windows!".... well by night, with the bugs, I was saying, "we're getting screens".

Now it's light outside and the birds have started. I'm off for my morning run so I will be able to squeeze into my bathers...... eventually. Have a great day!
A-M xx

11 comments:

  1. wow 33 degrees and its spring, we are supposed to be summer and it doesn't get above 23 most days, very dull!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Thanks MUM
    How cute... yes i would be getting the most out of that one!! haha
    The windows sound fabulous, but I think I would prefer screens, the bugs love me! Have Fun x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog for awhile but this is my first comment. I am in Melbourne and after reading your post I have not only serious house envy but weather envy as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi AM, I am glad your family are enjoying the luxuries of your new house as we are! We have that wonderful airflow too through our house.Screens is something we havn't put on yet and not keen to except when the bugs start arriving, I think we will have magnetic screens so we can take them off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautiful house just sounds as if it is made for wonderful family life - warm breezes, swimming, hanging out the window, lolling on the lawn! Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can feel that breeze through your post!!

    Love your home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok A-M when is the first pool party? Ill bring my own towel so you wont have so much laundry... Seriously I hope you and the family have a great summer by the pool , spashing and having fun... but dont forget about us here ok? always looking forward to your pics and posts! Julie in HOlland :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 33 deg, I'm soooo jealous! Down here it's pouring, windy and cold in Melb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love my AC and my screens;) but also love all the windows open and fresh air too!! Nothing better! Enjoy!
    Just imagine all these wonderful memories the boys are making..... coming home from school and jumping in the pool.... so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm...I remember how humid it gets in Brisbane. You will have the best first summer ever in the new house. Each season will bring such fun new experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes...love the feeling of summer! Could jump right into that pool. Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx