Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Peek...

Ralph Lauren

...at the fabric that will be gracing the wing chair in my media area.

We have an open plan, casually styled media area off the kitchen/dining zone. With a sisal rug, a rattan sideboard (complete with model boat - a freebie from one of my suppliers because she says I am the only customer of hers who doesn't whinge and complain!), books and shells scattered on a driftwood side table, I thought an elegant chair in the corner might compliment the whole scene rather nicely. I have an L shaped cream leather lounge defining the other corners. It's contemporary but with traditional elements - feet, stylish backing - and it is easy to clean. It has navy and white nautical cushions scattered amongst plain beige linen cushions (left overs from the study sofa) so I think the blue and white wing chair will tie in nicely. I am also having a gorgeous lampshade made for my artichoke table lamp. The wing chair will have to have a Hamptons style brushed silver floor reading lamp I think. I can picture it, I just have to find it. Can't wait to show you this room when it's done.....but it might be a bit of a wait. All good things......
A-M xx

20 comments:

  1. As it goes with all good things....they may take a while but they are so worth the wait. I can picture your media room in my mind's eye right now! Lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe sis that this is a fabric I have had saved in my precious inspiration files. Your media room sounds beautiful can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabric AM - I love navy and white. The skies are completely orange here as I write - its going to be a weird weather day here in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! :) I am a huge fan of the fabric. And, from your thoughts, I cannot wait to see the finished room. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi A-M, I absolutely love it. Love your new blog banner too ! Hope the holidays are going well - i have today off - yay!! Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS! I have some coushions in this fabric would you believe! I had it sent over from the USA. Mine are about 50cm square! LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious! I love navy at the moment, so can't wait to see the results of your gorgeous media room. Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Ralph and this fabric is perfection. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. i adore this fabric - can't wait to see the finished wing chair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacobean prints are my absolute fave, so timeless. A lovely choice but really do you ever make a "not lovely" choice A-M?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are on the same wavelength here! Island Key Floral is my all time fave RL fabric...EVER! I wanted some to do some cushions for the sofa and was trying to sneak the extra meters past Mic to do my wing chair...didn't work!!!
    Can't wait to see the room.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your lovely comments girls. Ness, I am so impressed that you even know the name of it. I just picked it out ('er that one') of a line up that my interior designer friend waved under my nose ages ago and it has been sitting in my inspiration box with tile remnants and colourbond tablets , waiting for a piece of furniture to wrap itself around! I also have a remnant of another patterned navy Ralph fabric that we will make a contrasting cushion out of. Pattern on pattern... she's talking me into it! We're just organising the upholsterer now. Fun stuff! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so classy, you have great taste.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous fabric A-M and by the way it will not be such a long time to wait after all that you have achieved...xv

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI A-M
    I just love this fabric. What better combination than Ralph and blue.. and do you mean the Ralph Lauren silver lamps... oooooh... I sometimes go to DJ's at lunch time and sit in the Ralph section just to feel 'NICE'. x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely fabric for your chair.

    I love your blog header too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx