Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh The Breeze


I've had a little bit of constructive criticism come my way from some readers, saying that I do not post enough photos of my house, considering the title of my blog......so I am posting a photo today just for you!

This photo was taken just last weekend, on a beautiful day here in Brisbane. I was sitting on the step in my hall (the step up to the kitchen/dining/living area) just cherishing a moment. A beautiful, beautiful warm breeze was blowing through the front door, right through the hall and out through the back French doors, which were all open (and secured with hubby's new doorstops!!). I love the view from the hall step, down my hall floorboards, out onto the porch, through the white balustrade, over the tin roof (on the sweet little colonial house over the road), and out to the gorgeous trees up on the hill. It's a real 'inner city Queensland view'.... tin roofs, old colonial houses, palm trees, gum trees and sunshine. My 'big boy' has a great view of these trees from his room. We lie in the dark, in his bed at night, and create characters from the shapes of the trees.

So this is part of my lovely hall, still waiting for a decent door mat and the picture hanger, to hang my huge hall mirror over my hallstand (still propped up against the wall on old cloth nappies!). I have ordered the 'symmetry lamps', thanks to Karna!... so I will reveal the rest in the next few weeks! Happy Tuesday!
A-M xx

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty outlook from your front entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful A-M! It's lovely that you can sit back now and enjoy the fruits of your labour! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo! It is always a treat to see the inside of a beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Constructive comments" Oh how lovely you are.

    I would like to thank you for sharing so much with us all over the time. How stressful the time has been, but oh so worth it for you I am sure.

    I think you are truly amazing! (as would anyone going through or done what you have done!

    Have a great day in your gorgeous home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful view, but with a home as lovely as yours the view is just icing on cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely with that morning sunlight streaming in. I adore that light fitting - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! I can feel the breeze right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so lovely. You truly have made it into a home, by the photo of your hallway it looks like the "House" has been lived in forever. That has to be a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely wide entrance hall - something new homes so often do away with. I love a home that doesn't reveal all its secrets as soon as you step inside. Thanks for sharing your home with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Considering all that's happened over the past 18mths., you are VERY ENTITLED to do this sweet girl! I felt like I was sitting right there with you, just silently taking in the view & the feeling of enormous satisfaction of your creation.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx