Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What Is It.....


Image Courtesy Coastal Living

.... with blue and white.... that stops me in my tracks? It's so fresh and clean.....and while we're on the topic...breezy!

Loving this porch. If mine wasn't so open to the elements (read...red dust and rain), I would be just as adventurous with the whole porch furniture thing. At present I have my 2 gorgeous verandah chairs out there... still with their stock cushions in plastic, ah la 'Everybody Loves Raymond' Marie style! We are having such windy, dusty weather here this Spring, my porch, along with every interior and exterior surface, is a nightmare to clean. One always has to consider the practicality of decor as well as it's aesthetic! The plastic is staying until the weather calms down. "How embarassment"... as my friends say!
A-M xx

11 comments:

  1. I think it's not only breezy and refreshing, it also seems so calming and makes you feel like you're on holiday.

    It's lovely though.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crisp and clean - devine. You need to put this in your 'Noosa hideaway' - you can almost hear the waves.(Oh I have been working too hard - need a seaside escape). Hope your garden enjoyed the rain.
    Speak to you soon before I am off to the "Big Apple" next Tueday
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. marriages. still on.

    {you can't get rid of us that easily! xoxo.}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love this porch and the blue and white, so calming. Oh how I can relate to the cleaning, I'm forever scrubbing tiles...obsessed and the plastic..I kept the plastic on our white couch for 2 weeks, some friends thought I had put it on just for their kids and I had to explain it hadn't come off since delivery...how embarrasment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-M, Why don't you try the shutter thing for your porch like the pic you posted...tres Queensland...could look really stunning.
    Lisaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I write this it is pouring rain on my deck and all my cushions are getting wet, so yes I agree with the 'element' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to laugh when I read about your 'Marie' style outdoor cushions. Love the blue and white combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. blue and white is the best! I love it in interiors and I love it in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a blue cushion on the bench on my front verandah and, just to make you feel better about the plastic on the cushions, mine has pigeon poop on it at the moment. Definitely not a good look!! Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had kept the plastic on mine for a bit longer A-M....they would look a lot prettier now, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  11. truly lovely and perfect for wiling away languid summer afternoons . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx