Image Courtesy Homely One - RECIPE BELOW!
I am not a baker, can't bake, scared of baking. I don't know why this is. To be honest, I'm not really much of a chef either. Too impatient I think. I don't have the patience for the fiddly bits. I'm so much more gross motor... potting plants, painting walls, things requiring more grandiose movements etc. Don't start me on sewing or mending. Anyway I had a 'Martha Moment' the other day, inspired by Amanda's (from Homely One) fabulous Mini Raspberry Melting Moments recipe. Oh they turned out beautifully! I was in total shock and offering them to anyone who walked through the front door. Lucky hubby had some home office appointments that day. When I toddled in with a tray of coffee and biscuits.... I knew they were
fooled, impressed! You must visit Amanda's lovely blog HERE. Say Hi from me!
Mini Raspberry Melting Moments
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- pure icing sugar, to serve
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 6 small frozen raspberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift flour and custard powder over butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined and a soft dough forms.
- Using 1 heaped teaspoon of dough per ball, make 30 balls. Place on prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Using a fork dipped in flour, lightly flatten each biscuit until 1cm thick. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden. Cool on tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make raspberry filling: Using a whisk, beat butter in a bowl until light and creamy. Add vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add icing sugar. Whisk until well combined. Stir in raspberries.
- Spread the flat side of 1 biscuit with 1 teaspoon filling. Sandwich with 1 biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling. Serve dusted with icing sugar.