Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yep.....


....I'm a sucker for a simple pool and a fancy house. Like this one! I love a pool with a simple mediterranean blue waterline tile, a light inner so you can see the white sparkling water and a few loungers decorating the sides. Perfection. This gorgeous home is in Sagaponack and is courtesy of Sothebys. I should be on commission.

Guess what!.... I got IN.TO our pool for the first time yesterday, when no-one was watching, just before the kidlets came home from school. Yes it was hot enough to venture in. Just a few smick Esther Williams moves to cool off. It was rather glorious and a very foreign feeling to be swimming in a pool I didn't have to scheme to get into. You know.... the friends with pools you ring on a really hot day, bags packed and car keys in hand.."Hi, whatcha doin'?" "Oh nothin, kids are in the pool 'cause it's so hot, why don't you come over and have a swim". No scheming needed. Didn't have to ask anyone! Then my kids and the neighbourhood kids arrived and I was out. I'm a sucker for anyone who doesn't have a pool now and have done the neighbourhood open invitation. I might live to regret it but I've been there and I couldn't bare to make them scheme like I used to!

Have a great day! Brisbane forecast today - hot! No! Really?
A-M xx

9 comments:

  1. This House and pool would be just perfect and yes I love a simple pool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see your house at 5pm of an afternoon with a trail of wet dripping foot prints down your corridor as you send the 30 or so neighborhood kids back to their homes for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I can just see your house at 5pm of an afternoon with a trail of wet dripping foot prints down your corridor as you send the 30 or so neighborhood kids back to their homes for dinner!"

    aaahhh....but they'll love her for it & always look back fondly to those childhood memories......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neighbourhood generosity reminds me of when we were living in the Solomon Islands. We had a pool as it was never below 27C. I would jump in after a days shopping or tramping around the markets. One day there were some young, local school girls watching me so I asked if they'd like to get in. They came back everyday at the same time. After about 2 weeks of avoiding them, I had to ask my housegirl to shoo them away. It was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a glorious photo! Glad you are all enjoying your pool so much, especially your boys. We have the opposite weather here today - I think it's reverted back to winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you snuck in a swim, wasn't it just terrible yesterday....I couldn't bear it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are so nice, great that you got a quite dip yourself.

    That house is amazing, so totally gorgeous.

    Hope your day is going good,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't tell me you were 'Esther Williamsing' up and down the pool with your 3D flowered bathing cap on?? Yes I braved ours and sat in my pool noodle chair thingy - the force of the water propels me around however I am not fond of the divot in my behind when I float past the jets....I said pet I said luv.
    K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 'no scheming pool'....I love this expression A-M, stay cool, xv.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx