Monday, December 14, 2009

A 'D' In Maths



Hang on a minute!.... a 50 x 50 x 50cm  pot is not half a cubic metre ... it's one eighth of a cubic metre. If only hubby had asked me (I'm the one attempting the maths at present) before he ordered all that dirt! We now have a ridiculously enormous pile of dirt at our front gate (which never seemed to get smaller the more we dug), waiting to greet our visitors on Christmas Day. Half of it will end up in my house for sure! Our neighbour thinks we are the best - free topsoil. The rest?..... 400 trips with a bucket up 24 steps on Boxing Day, to topdress the top lawn. Aren't we a learned pair... can't even work out cubic metres.... some scientists! See kids, do your Maths.. it does come in handy when you are a grown-up. LOVE learning from mistakes!... and I can't lift my arms!... or move my neck!
Happy Monday!
A-M xx

10 comments:

  1. lol..Oh no A-M...I would have been annoyed with myself too..but think of it this way..you would have been more annoyed if you hadnt ordered enough soil..then the job would not have gotten finished and that would have bothered you probably more. The pots are fab..cant wait to see pics.
    Your neighbours Im sure appreciate your generosity...especially during this time of the year ...JOB WELL DONE I SAY!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsy...nevermind, it's lucky someone can use this and just think of how green your lawn will be with all that extra topsoil! Hope you had a nice dinner out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, it's not your fault...right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your honesty in sharing this with us A-M (probably a little more than your husband does,hee hee).
    I bought my hubby a plug-in neck/shoulder heat massager for Christmas, and since we opened our presents early due to going to NZ, I can highly recommend this device!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh A-M!! You know when I read your previous post on Sunday I thought 10m3 was alot of soil for your pots as I moved and raked 12m3 on my own for our backyard (which is 20m x 13m). Just look at it this way, you'll never over order soil again :)

    Your arms certainly had a good work out. Hope you got to enjoy that Dinner out!

    Yes lucky neighbours alright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it will look fabulous when finished and the workout is more fun than going to the gym......or you could have got someone in to do it but it would not have been 1/2 as rewarding :-)

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always learn those kinds of lessons the hard way. The yard does look so lovely though. I wish we had a bit of summer here...we're the second coldest place in the world, next to Siberia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no A-M! At least you can see the humour in the situation :) Hope you are enjoying the start to the holidays with your gorgeous boys x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easily done. Hope you have a lovely Christmas day, soil and all. Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have the opposite problem here A-M - my Rocket Scientists never order enough!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx