Monday, December 28, 2009

New Holiday Rules


  Tantrum corner - starting in the upper left corner

New rules for playing 'Upwords' with a 7 year old, who insists that he knows more than both his parent's graduate and post graduate degrees put together. Create a corner on the board just for him. You could call it 'The Tantrum Corner', just like we do. Allow 'tantruming 7 year old' to create all his words (that don't fit in with your words) just in that corner....the words that he insists fit in with all the other words that you have successfully created (that surprisingly happen to be totally WRONG in his eyes). Remaining non tantruming parties carry on playing according to the official rules until it is time to tally the scores. Tantruming 7 year old always wins the first round..... unless one has had a few wines and is in the mood for some melodramatic theatrical entertainment.
A-M xx


Ah yes, don't be fooled by the happy faces. It got messy.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! There are always a few tantrums in our house with the Monopoly board with a certain person buying up too much real estate and then not being able to afford the house! ....oh yes and who would think the game of Uno could cause so much high drama???
    Love your blog! KG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am very pleased to see I am not alone with tantruming 7 year old who knows better, won't obey rules and always wants to win. A bit like certain politicians in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-M...that was hilarious to read...oh boy..imagine when puberty kicks in...all of this and more I have to look forward to with my little jacq..lol..but you gotta love them..they are just to precious. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same sort of problen except it usually involves who is building Santas new Lego kits and what belongs where!
    Enjoy :)
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont worry A-M, my whole family has a tantrum when we play - mainly because i always win hahahah, and they dare to call me a sore winner!
    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Yikes. I guess sometimes they do have their own ideas, don't they. At least you found a way to deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes... 7 years olds. You probably don't wanna hear this, but just wait til the kids are 13, and then 18. You are gonna look back and love year 7. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great game. We (adults) are having the most fantastic time with my 7 year old's Christmas presents. Rock Band and Little Big Planet(I am totally hooked on the second game. I would say it is a combination of Mario Brothers and Etsy.) Have fun and Have a Happy New Year. Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. He he... he's really adorable. Seems like my daughter. Bad loser too, eh? Well, to enjoy the holidays, just ride with the music and voilá, happy faces!

    Have a fabulous time with the cuties.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh haha.. how funny. Lots to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In our family Snake and ladders is known as snakes and crybabies. For the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah this post made me laugh out loud, especially the side comment under the photo. It sounds like you are having a lovely holiday break, I am living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps - I sent a bit of holiday snail mail your way, hopefully you will get it BEFORE the 12th Day of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LUV your scrabble!!! And forgot to mention in 2009 I LUV LUV LUV your kitchen!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sister, who is still a drama queen extraordinaire, had a simple solution when losing at board games. She'd just upturn the board and huff off. Now everyone wonders why I don't love board games!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx