Monday, January 4, 2010

New Bloggy Friends For 2010


Image Lonny Via Kelly Green

I made some new bloggy friends in the week post Christmas, the week in which I was supposed to be cleaning out my in-tray (oh I was so creative in the ways I managed to avoid that task..... movies, blogging, board games, cleaning, sorting, decluttering.....). I know how much I appreciated an introduction when I first started my blog, way back when, (thank-you Anna from Absolutely Beautiful Things) so I thought I would 'pay it forward' and introduce you these lovely blogs.

Kelly, at Kelly Green Interiors, is an Aussie Interior Decorator who has been so obsessed with design blogs over the past few years that she has decided to give in to the force and start up her own.  She has fabulous taste and has already inspired me to 'toile' my next powder room. You can meet Kelly HERE.

Lisa, at Le Bonheur,  is a 'chandelier kindred spirit', based in country Tamworth. She purchased a chandelier off me last year and painstakingly assembled all the dangly bits with the help of her daughter. (I still remember sitting cross legged on the filthy floor of my Great Room, a cross cut saw screaming at the other end, tradesmen walking over me, delicately hanging the crystals on my chandelier, in time for the electrician to install it!). Lisa commented on my blog but I didn't put two and two together until I saw a picture of her gorgeous chandelier. Isn't blogging wonderful ....it brings everyone within reach of friendship. You can meet Lisa HERE.

Sidetrack.. sort of spooky moment...speaking of blogging bringing people together..... standing in a queue at the sales in town, clutching some shells for the jars in my bathroom, chatting away to the lady behind me in the queue... all of a sudden, she says, "oh I know you, I read your blog"....no name, no photo on my blog and she still knew who I was.... yes, what was I saying?... about bringing everyone together.... what amazing times we live in. I still remember being blown away seeing Sandra Bullock purchase airline tickets over the internet in the 1995 movie, 'The Net'! "Wow, just imagine the day that you will be able to do that"!!!!... and here we are...2010..... all so connected!

Say Hi to my new friends and have a great Monday! (it's all rainy here and still stinking hot!)
A-M xx

14 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely thing to do and their blogs are already looking great too! Very Happy 2010 crystal chandelier clean and bright! And full of electricity ;-)
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the intro..have popped over to those two lovely blogs and visited their equally lovely i am sure owners. Am just loving blogs at the moment - shame i have to face reality and go back to work today! Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing A-M ..will be sure to check these new blogs out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links - i don't think there's such a thing as a Favourites list being too long is there??!!!

    Lovely blogs, beautiful style.

    jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled onto your blog and really have enjoyed looking through it. You are very ambitious!! Love the dark wood floors you chose. That would be my first pick if I could redo ours. Anyway Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so enjoying your blog and wish you a wonderful new year... x pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing A-M ... am off to check these out... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear A-M
    I know you were one of the first bloggers to regularly come over and cheer me along back when I started.. you are such a kind soul...

    Hope your New Year was fabulous!! xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for accepting my invite. I hate that I had to go private. But I know you totally understand. And thank you so much for your kind words. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi A-M...Just Gorgeous of you to do that for me - It's like a little girl squeals inside when I realise that someone has read my blog...Such fun, and you are right, the world of blogging opens us up to ideas and experiences that we never would have thought of on our own. I for one am incredibly inspired by Sarah at The Beach Cottage and her love of recycling or upcycling 'stuff', She is changing the way people think, one blog at time.
    Take Care and thanks again, Lisaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you my friends for visiting my new friends today. It is just so lovely to know that people know you are out there when you start blogging! Sweet dreams all. A-M xx
    PS Lisa, Sarah (Beach Cottage) is the reason why I cannot drive by a garage sale now without stopping.... she is a legend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have had a huge day and came home to find all manner of lovely comments on my blog!!!! A-M thank you, thank you, thank you for such an amazing start to what will hopefully be a long and happy blogging career! I hope I can do the same for someone else one day not too far away! You have absolutely made my day! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post! I hope you get an absolutely beautiful 2010! ♥

    Love alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it lovely how we've all stayed together?! Thanks again for following me and for the nice comments you've been leaving. It means a lot to me. I have to let you know that I finally got a chance to try the lavender/tuberose shower gel you sent to me. It is DIVINE! It's like spring in my house right now. Thank you again for that and for the continued friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx