Saturday, February 13, 2010

What Now?


How about a recent photo of the south elevation of the house, oh and my neighbours driveway and fence! I haven't taken a photo of this elevation since the build! Hubby and I sat in the gutter across the road, after the magazine shoot, champagne in hand, taking snapshots. The kids would come out from time to time to visit us... until it got dark! Poor neighbours, they really must wonder!

Well, 'house picture posts' are going to be a bit tricky for me for a while, as I wait to see what little nooks the magazine will publish first. The shoot day was wonderful and I woke up the morning after with such a happy heart and thoughts of "wow, did that really happen?" (sort of like the high after one's wedding day!). I was so humbled, grateful, honoured, that they found my 'stuff' photo worthy and I must admit, I had a few emotional moments during the day but I quickly pulled myself together.  The magazine people were very patient with my 'hovering', my blaring crooners music (I bet their ears were bleeding when they left!) and my setting off of the photographer's flash every time I took a photo with my dinky little handbag, 'building site', camera! Ooops sorry guys.... again :)

You can just see, way up the right side, how I repeated the front balustrade, outside the laundry on the side deck. You'd think in this day and age, being 3km from the city, we'd have underground power and gas but no......we do it the old fashioned way here in groovin', movin' Brisbane.

Now I promise I will be letting you know when and where soon. I'm very good at keeping other people's secrets, but not those about me (hence the reason my honest 'diary of my build' blog got me into trouble at times!... never mind those posts are stored away for posterity)...  I'm going to have to try with this one.

The questions I can answer:  sushi platter and rice paper rolls from 'Riverbend Teahouse' in Bulimba, Brisbane - the best and freshest you could ever imagine; gorgeous little passionfruit and raspberry, melt in your mouth, mini cupcakes from 'Bulimba Bakery', Oxford St, Bulimba - the best bakery, the sweetest people - there were almost fights over those little cakes.... oh the wait for them to be photographed so we could eat them; kitchen pendant lights - all sold out 'for like ever', my supplier has sold out and is not reordering them again :(...... but I am on the hunt for some similar (reasonably priced - prices can get a bit nasty!) ones for my new store - stay tuned; blue birdy pictures in corner of dining room from 'Peter Baker Finch', Brisbane - a gorgeous interiors shop that stocks almost every genre of 'stuff'... great for men's presents too!

Everything else...out of courtesy to the magazine, blabbing will now cease. Goodness, what to blog about now?...I'll think of something!
Happy Saturday!
A-M xx

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the shoot!

    Which magazine, I would like to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your magazine shoot! Your home is photo perfect and a designer's heaven! You must be flowing on clouds and I don't blame you for being "high"! Your home is just lovely inside and out. No magazine would EVER consider my home for a shoot.

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot believe your holding this in - cannot wait to hear what issue and what mag it will be in. Congratulations once again the house looks amazing. Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh!!! A-M you had a magazine shoot! I feel my heart racing with such joy for you...how utterley exciting and I want to knew every single, little detail when you are able to tell us. I want to know how many people came to your house, what type of products did they use from their own sources, did they take pics of you and your beautiful boys, what magazine...oh the endless questions I have!
    I am so excited for you and cant wait to see your home in the pages of a magazine!

    Mrs B xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! You must keep us in the loop. No luck at all with those little cake stands-but thank you so much for your kind suggestions.
    This is beyond exciting-cannot wait for more. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even begin to think how excited you must be about the magazine shoot. I will wait in anticipation to know when and what to look for in the newsagent!!! Beautiful as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations A-M the magazine must have been so happy with your beautiful home. I can't wait to see the photographs when they come out. Keep us posted, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad it was such a wonderful experience and that you were able to drink it all in. And you got to eat yummy cupcakes to boot! Congrats!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness A-M! You're handling the whole photo shoot business with such calm. I'd still be in shock if it were me. "What? My place? No way!"
    OH & thanks for the kitchen pendant light info. I'll either have to wait patiently for your find or start hunting for my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK now stop with the day-dreaming A-M & back to it. I'm sure cleaning a couple of loos & hanging out a load of washing will bring you back to earth. Glad all went so smoothly sweet girl. MOTH asked if the magazine involved was one that comes with a plastic wrapper - I told him his mind was DEFINITELY in the wrong section!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations A-M, all of your hard work and effort has been worth the wait. have a great weekend!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for the mag to hit the newstands A-M! You have done damn fine job on 'the house' and we (your followers) will make sure every copy of that magazine sells, that way they will need to have you back a 2nd time! Here's to exciting times ahead (chin, chin)...Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your house being featured in a magazine- can't wait to find out which one and all the details!! Do you know, I was only thinking the other day when I was reading through a house tour in a magazine that it was a wonder yours hadn't been snapped up my a magazine yet :) How funny! You must have been so excited watching the shoot come together. Enjoy your weekend A-M x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a well earned relaxing weekend A-M!!

    julesx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fantastic for you but hardly surprising. Congratulations as you deserve it for sure.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear that the shoot went well and no doubt the experience will stay with you for a long time.

    Is the Shingle Inn still open in Edward Street? They made the best cakes and cupcakes (and my wedding Cake) and was my favourite little place to sit and talk with friends.

    Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's obviously intentional that you haven't mentioned which mag - but ooooh, that's annoying!!! wanna know, wanna know NOW!!

    can't wait to see it, and the home looks better every day, sorta grows on you I think! (in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how exiting, I hope it is a national magazine. Congrats you deserve it.
    Cheers
    Engracia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that must have been so exciting for you. A very special day, indeed. I can't wait to see the photo shoot in print.

    If you are interested in blogging suggestions - how about blogging about your town. I really enjoyed seeing the photos of your son's school. I have never been to Australia so it is all new to me. What do "typical" old-style Aussie houses look like? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx