Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Love.....


 
... the sweet house across the road from my place. Isn't it pretty! I love looking down my hall, over the porch balustrade, at the little house and the trees on the hill. I love the view from my front porch. 
 
 
On the top of that hill (near that big pine tree on the horizon) is the most beautiful historical property on the most enormous block of land. It was built in the late 1800's and from the 1960s until the 90's it was a historical village showcasing some authentic early settler buildings. The main house was used for functions, weddings and parties. That main house is where my bushband played at a great wedding about 10-12? years ago. Everyone looked so familiar to me, especially the bride. Yes, she should have. We had played at her previous wedding 2 years! prior to the one we were playing at that night. Her previous wedding had been out of town. I'll never forget it. I played her down the aisle to 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight', from the Lion King,... just me on violin (her request)... even I wanted to retch! After the 'Lion King', the whole bridal party went to the pub across the road for 2 hours before the reception... I have never seen such a drunk bride..... and so here she was again 2 years later... different groom... same bushband.....another wild wedding. So I look out my front door to a lovely little cottage and up to the hill and some fun memories of my youth! 

Having lunch today with 'Australia's Leading Dietitian' (www.katediprima.blogspot.com). I am only saying that ....here... now...as I know she will die when she reads it on my bloggy blog. I introduce her to everyone as "Kate Di Prima - Australia's Leading Dietitian". Well that's what's written on the cover of her books. She just wants to crawl under a rock when I say it.... but it's true.... she is ..... I am so proud of her! See you at noon Miss Potate!
Have a great day everyone!
A-M xx

16 comments:

  1. that wedding sounds like a hoot! Wonder if you will be invited to play for a third wedding?

    I'm going to lunch today also with a dear friend.... love days like today...three cheers for lunch with dear friends! Hip Hip Hooray!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely view and what a bride! Enjoy your lunch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a naughty friend! i love that about you!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That house is so sweet, what a lovely outlook you have and fun memories to boot. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the house over the road from you. Brisbane houses really have their own style - I love visiting my sister and just driving around looking at all the lovely old Queenslanders! Enjoy your lunch! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little queenslander cottage A-M. I think I know of the property you mentioned as well - it's stunning, and nice to see at least some of Brisbane's heritage has been retained.
    Enjoy your lunch
    Kerri x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly which house you are talking about AM - that stunning BIG place at the top of the hill (can't remember the name of the street). I remember passing it so often on our way to the Perth St Park, wishing that I lived there with so much garden for my kids to chase their dogs around...it is a beautiful looking piece of real estate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what friends are for!!! Love that view, so sweet.

    Have a fab lunch, julesxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes that Cottage across the road is so cute. It's nice to have a lovely outlook from your front area and so nice to have so many trees around as well.

    I too know of the Historic Property you mentioned, I'm pretty sure we visited it on a high school trip in the mid-late 80's. Lol at Mrs Bride. I wonder what # hubby she is onto now :)

    Hope you had a lovely lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous little house with such character. Enjoy your lunch with Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a very pretty Queenslander. Is it a replica? It almost looks too perfect. Great outlook - how wonderful to be so elevated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes your view is nice but I bet their view is better (the one of your place!) xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty view - looks like your own "painting" sitting there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a sweet house across the street. Is it an older house or just built in a vernacular style? It seems to belong there in front of the trees.

    Aren't you the worst - making your friend blush by singing her praises around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful view from your hallway all we have is a sticky beaking old lady who seems to open her front door or looks out her window everytime we walk out our door
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx