Monday, April 12, 2010

Back To The Grindstone


Well this image just about sums up the last day of the school holidays... except the blurriness (sorry)...happy and carefree. We spent dusk down at Manly Beach, with little one's old nanny Carmen (or 'Tarboon' as he used to call her) looking for crabs, riding scooters and scoffing fish and chips. 'Tarboon' has been a part of our little family since my youngest was one and is now one of my best friends on this earth. She would do anything for us and loves my boys like they are her own. She's the chief birthday cake maker in this family and has made each of us a birthday cake every year for the past 6 years... they are the most amazing creations and they get wackier and more adventurous every year!  We cherish our time with her. I know she reads my bloggy, so I just want to say "we love you, Tarboon'. A perfect end to our school break. Back to school today... those school lunches are calling me. Have a great day!
A-M xx
PS Thought of you Andrea and Will, being back at Manly again!

11 comments:

  1. That Tarboon sounds like a treasure. My kids are now 25 and 22 and they still stay in touch with their nanny, even after all that time. It's such a lovely relationship. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such a poignantly wonderful day before it was back to the books. How was the weather in Manly this time A-M? Last time there was that wicked storm blowing in and I was scared to death to walk out to the breakwater. Good thing I overcame my fear or else I would have never met you! Have a lovely week!

    XO, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Tarboon sounds a dream! What a gorgeous family and what a beautiful way to wrap the school hol's!

    xoxo DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to school this week for us too. That means back to lunches, traffic and homework. My eldest has another week off but I am back to work today which is not a good feeling. Your boys look so relaxed and not a care in the world. Have a great week A-M - Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture A-M. I hope they are alays like that, happy and carefree.
    Engracia
    xx

    PS love the new header

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Tarboon sounds like a real treasure, A-M. What a wonderful bond they must have, it's so nice to see such a special relationship. And haven't the holidays flown by? They're just never long enough! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have one more week of the holidays to go, I hope my two children look as happy as that together by the end of the week. Things arent looking too good at the moment , I think they 'need' a day apart. How lovely to have nanny Carmen still in your lives.
    Karyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manly is a great way to spend an afternoon. What are you going to do in the morning a=when the kids are back....its a wonderful thought isnt it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky you are to have such a treasure in your life. I bet she also is lucky to have you guys. Back to the grind for us too! Just a quick visit to blogland now while tea is cooking. (actually it is left over mild chicken curry tarted up with a few extra vegs:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tarboon sounds like a darling. Wish I had a Tarboon at my place! I still have another week of school holidays although arranging the play dates is doing my head in. I need one of those "smart boards" they have at school in order to drag all my kids, and their friends, and all the places they are off to, around in a visual way that I can get my head around.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. THEY ARE DARLING!! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx