Friday, April 30, 2010

Dear Son,

 My young man - centre

... my sweet young man, you make me, your Mum, so proud. Out of 160 young Year 7 men, you were one of 9 recognised for 'outstanding scholastic achievement' yesterday morning on 'Headmaster's Assembly'. I am so proud of the wonderful effort you are putting in to your school work, your passion for every assignment you are given, your time management skills and the responsibility you are showing in everything you do. I had buckets of tears of love and pride behind my eyelids yesterday morning, but I shed just one as I will save the rest for the many more moments of heart bursting pride you have in store for me. Thank you for openly appreciating all I do for you, your hugs and kindness..... and for giving back so much.
Love Mum.
P.S. I am sorry for not sewing your blazer sleeves up, making you roll them up instead. You know your Mum has other talents than sewing.... and photography is also not one of them.

Son and Headmaster 

N.B. Tears actually flowed when 1000 young men burst into song and sang "Morning Has Broken" - singing in assembly .... gets me every time... killer!

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having raised a great kid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me tear up as well. What a lovely young man you have there, in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a proud moment! Congratulations to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely young man you have there.You are doing a fantastic job on bring him up.One day he will make a young lady very happy.Take care,Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's the sort of young man I want my girls to associate with when they inevitably want to 'associate' with young men. Do you think we could stage an introduction in about ten years time? ;) He's every mother's dream. Great positive story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-M your son is a reflection of you and your husband and your fantastic parenting skills, you have every reason to be proud.
    Have a wonderful pride filled day.
    Engracia

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so sweet - and he is just too adorable! You are clearly wonderful parents raising a wonderful little man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how are they going to keep you so happy!! babies??? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for bringing a smile to my face this morning. you have every right to spill as many tears of pride and joy as you like x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, now I have tears. What a lovely post for him to read. It sounds like a very well deserved award. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. I love how your family treats one another. It is just the way I want my future family to exist and love together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you both! There is nothing quite like the love and pride of seeing our children reach for the stars and grab a bit of stardust!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, what a sweet post... and I love your P.S. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm with you A-M. Nearly every assembly I attend I leave with balck rings under my eyes from running mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI A-M
    Another wonderful mother and son post from you... You know your boys will get to relive all these wonderful moments one day... recorded here for all of us to enjoy also.. Congratulations to your clever boy.. Have a great weekend xx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's just lovely. Your sons are very lucky with their Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know those teary moments so well A-M....Have a great weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi A-M!!
    Congratz to him... "P.S..." That's soo cute! :-)
    xoxo alice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Time is love... that's what I have learnt. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although am late, CONGRATS, NEPHEW... Aunt chie is soooo proud of you too, as I am proud to be your dear mum's bloggie friend. HOpe forever.

    God Bless U, son...

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post A-M. You and Mr A-M have obviously done something very right in raising such a gorgeous young man.
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous son you have raised. Congratulations on his great achievement!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx