Friday, May 21, 2010

Getting Organised....

I've set up my jewels here, for my sale - looks good!

.. ha!... famous last words when one is moving house. No.... sorting, packing and culling is good for the soul I reckon. What does Faux Fuchsia say?.... " Clutter and mess is the devil's work".... I love it! We really don't need much stuff to live comfortably do we. I live by that quote by William Morris, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful".... although at the rate I am going with my sale stuff, there won't be anything beautiful left.. just useful.... beds, clothes and cutlery! 

Katrina has a great post on getting organised, HERE. I like Katrina's advice... it's real. She has 3 boys and her household sounds very similar to mine... noisy for a start! I think the most important thing with being organised, is having a place for everything .....and tidying as you go. 'If you got it out, put it back'.... my mantra in this house. Check out Katrina's other blog 'A Very Fine House'... it's fabulous.... lots of real homes and real advice.

Still time to book in for my sale. Lots of 'bloggies' are coming..... so should be a very social occasion as well as a great shopping experience. Email me at: a-m@capecoddesigns.com.au, for all the details.
Have a great day. I'm having a few girlies around for morning tea, going all out and driving to the bakery. Yes, I am not a baker.
A-M xx

P.S. HAVING TROUBLE WITH BLOGGER, PUBLISHING COMMENTS - ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM? - SOME WORK, SOME DON'T.

17 comments:

  1. Dear AM
    Thanks for the shout Out!! Clutter and Mess are the Devil's Work but sometimes unavoidable. Looking forward to meeting you on the weekend at your Sale of the Century.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope all goes well for the big sale! KG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mantra..Im NOT so organised..my home office is terrible..feel I have paper alla over the place..I wich a room of my own..so I just have to close the door.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun morning tea with the girls.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your wonderful sale. V. jealous of those BrisVegas girls who can just pop by! Hope the camera's all charged and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sale/morning tea sounds like so much fun, wish I lived closer :) I love that William Morris quote too - have it pinned on my noticeboard to remind me :) Blogger is being painful for me too with comments, sometimes comments just disappear for a while, only to reappear at a later time - very frustrating!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, blogger being a pain!

    Thanks so much for the links xxx Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for a charming future.

    I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a darling French tote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best with the Sale this weekend, so sorry I can't make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, having a few issues with posting comments... This is my second attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun A-M! Yep, same issues too with Blogger comments, so it's not just you.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the best with the sale. Lots of problems with Blogger and not just disappearing comments but also with uploading pictures where I want them to go. Drivimg me nuts.
    Have a great weekend A-M.
    Engracia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So wish I could have come to your sale but alas I live way over here in Melbourne so no can do. I'm sure it will be fabulous fun (even without me lol!!)
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello A-M, I haven't visit you lately, but I miss coming here! This is the end of the school year for us here in US. I don't know how the school calendar works over there in Australia? But anyway, my life has been full to the brim, trying to be present at every school event, graduation, presentation, sports activities, and the list goes on...
    On top of that, getting ready for our trip to Italy next week.
    I am tired just to talk about it!
    I imagine your life is going busy and crazy as mine, at the moment?!

    Yes, I am having a BIG problem with blogger! My posts are not being updated on my followers' blogs!
    I work so hard trying to write almost everyday, and my friends don't get my updates! I complained to the blogger site and seems like a lot of people are having the same problem.
    Hope things will be better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi A-M hope all goes well for the sale if there is anything left (i doubt that though) maybe you could put on your site for us poor intersate people who couldn't get there maybe you might come across and odd la maison sugar scoop anyway all the best.

    leannexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the sale goes very well. I am a teensy bit jealous I can't get there. My hubby is relieved!
    I shall be home organising and decluttering Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi A-M, look forward to hearing about the sale - and as you know I have had LOTS of trouble commenting on blogger, however I can safely say that I never have trouble on your site - the pop up window is the only type that allows me to post a comment. I did "google" it a couple of months ago & there was a tonne of info on it, so obviously a big problem for lots of people.
    Regards,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx