Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Update

Well, I bypassed the hospital (I've been sicker) and scooted off to the markets... so highly medicated I was shaking like a leaf.

Ran into the lovely Rachael (chief market co-ordinator extraordinaire, fellow blogger: La Maison Sur La Colline and house renovator/builder), who had a real life copy of 'THE MAG'..... behold A-M's first sighting of the mag in real life... it was a momentous occasion, which I also shared with Clare, from Mondo Cherry. That's her market stand, where I propped up 'The Mag' to photograph it. Mondo Cherry got a mention in the article.... yay! ... their little paper birdies were dangling from my outdoor chandelier. I also took the most gorgeous photo of Clare's baby girl Tily, but for privacy reasons, I just could not cross that line and publish it... maybe she will.... if we lobby her! I draw the line at plastering my boys faces all over the internet (bad mother)... and speaking of which, we were stopped at the markets, as someone recognised my boys from my blog!!... oh dear... see why I will never show my face.... have to be able to pig out at sushi anonymously.... note to self... don't eat sushi in public place with sons.

Well, I hope you all had a fabulous day. My hubby is just heading out to pick up our takeaway Thai.... (milking this lung failure as much as I can)... I have an appointment with my local newsagent at 6am... then it's off to share the joy with my Woolies girlfriends during my weekly grocery shop, stopping off at the butchers and the fruit shop along the way. Honestly, this is more exciting than graduating from 5 years at Uni... why?.... because I am doing what I absolutely, passionately love. Will share photos of my day!
A-M xx

24 comments:

  1. Gosh, I hope you are feeling better soon! Sounds like you had a good day though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a gem, A-M. Love ya' to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-M can't wait for you to get your own copy or ten! Have lent my copy out. You are "way famous" in these here country Victorian parts. Am so thrilled for you. I would love blow by blow documentation of the day please. And, If you do need medical attention, perhaps it would be a good idea, we need you at the top of your blogging game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out my local Woolies and nothing. Tomorrow must be THE day and I can't wait to see your home in the glossy pages. You must be so proud.. you've created a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy mothers lovely lady! your boys cards are just beautiful (all three of them!) - and the wrapping? spectacular! I also love the 'signature' too cute.

    PLEASE look after yourself. Lungs are important, as you well know!!! this cough has been around wayyy toi long for my liking!

    Enjoy tomorrow on HB's official release - I can't wait to get a copy on way too work - wooo hooo!

    love lots xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see how passionate you are A-M, and how much you're enjoying your stardom! So well deserved, couldn't have happened to a nicer person! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi A-M,
    I am so pleased you have now seen the magazine in person. I saw you today at the markets and was going to say hi but you were busy chatting to Anna. Hope you had a lovely day today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really must toss that 60 a day habit away dear A-M, it's clearly getting the better of you!!! Sounds like your Mother's Day was fabulous, now you go quietly tomorrow, or you'll bust a lung in Aisle 7 at Woolies - not a good look!!!!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please just give it a rest! We do not need a blow by blow description of your day.
    Your house is gorgeous; be proud of it, but your obsessive behaviour is very unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fab is that to get your magazine in person - and on Mother's day no less (or did I mess up with the time change?). Anyway, I'm thrilled for you and can't wait to see details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's Day - so glad you got to see the mag - what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi A-M,

    So lovely to meet you yesterday at the markets, and thank you for all the Boutique Market and market retailer mentions! It's very generous of you!!!

    It was such a lovely day at the markets and was topped off by seeing your sheer excitement as you flicked through the pages, and how equally proud your husband and boys were of all you have created.

    That for me was what Mother's Day is all about.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations A-M! I've been eagerly awaiting this day to get my hands on 'The Mag' too. First stop for me after school drop off is the Newsagent.

    Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day! Hope you feel (and probably sound) better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a lovely Mothers Day! And today will be very exciting...look forward to hearing about your adventures! Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, so glad to got to see the mag in person, looking forward to you review of the article once you have your own copy. Hope you're feeling betetr as well, that sounds quite nasty.
    Lots of Love
    Engracia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have the best day honey, just take it easy!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. School drop-off is done...next on my list, newsagent!
    Take care of yourself A-M (from one stoic to another - we've been living on the GC for over 2 years and still haven't had a Dr's visit...and just because I said that, guess what's going to happen this week).
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am soooo xcited for you, must be a buz seeing all of your hard work right there in a lovely glossy mag!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A-M, hope you get well soon and take it easy.
    I bought two copies of the "MAG" this morning, received a funny look at the newsagents.......LOL!!!
    Bought a copy for my daughter and future D.I.Law, I already have my copy. Keep sharing your passion and love with everything you do.
    Lorraine xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh A-M I hope you can fix your lungs quickly and permanently. Sound serious.

    And a big congratulation!!! I've just checked HB and your place looks fantastic.
    Take care
    XXX
    V

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sitting in dr surgery reading something very special and bragging to people that I know this lady- pointing to the cover :). Congrats and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very impatiently waiting for today's update :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is so lovely to share in your excitement!! Glad you've seen a 'real' copy of the magazine and hope you are feeling much better soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx