Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spontaneous Self Portrait And Other Stuff


Inspired by last weeks 'Bloggers Without Makeup', I did a self portrait in my jammies yesterday while setting up my sale. That's as good as it gets I'm afraid... despite the pleading emails from people for me to reveal myself.

I'm also getting lots of emails from my overseas readers requesting that I post the full Home Beautiful article on my house (as I do have the whole article scanned due to my spectacular scanning committee!). Now, this is what I think. I think that if I wait  for the current June issue  to obviously sell out due to unprecedented demand and popularity,  to disappear from the shelves and be replaced by the July issue, I will not be upsetting anyone by posting the full article then. What do you think.. that's good etiquette, isn't it? So as soon as 'July' is out and 'June' is gone. I'll post it. And winners of my mag draw, your parcels are on their way. Don't you love how the magazine costs $7 and the postage $27.... hence the reason I only sent five.... school fees to pay!

House update - it's looking empty and it is starting to echo. My sale is set up already. I like to set up early and then 'swan'. I used a lot of my new stock to pad out the shelves when we moved in.... had to... when we moved here from our previous shoebox, we a lounge suite and our beds. We gave all our pre-marriage furniture away to the young girl who used to serve us coffee at our favourite local coffee shop (the one who had a crush on my husband)... I think I wrote a post on her a year ago!

The jewels have been set up under the chandelier.. it looks so posh.....just need a bit of crooners music and we're ready to go. It's just a house, it's just a house. See I am coping. Oh, here's my coffee.. isn't he well trained. He knows the bloggers come first so he brings me my coffee.

Ok, so if you are near Brisbane and want to come to 'the house' for a day of shopping - jewellery, pretties, homewares, ra, ra.... just email me and I will send you all the details: a-m@capecoddesigns.com.au.
Have a great day.
A-M xx

23 comments:

  1. I love your self portrait you shy thing. Would love to come up but am chained to the desk so sending shopping love, coffee love and all the other love to those who can (including the hostess). xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi A-M I hope all goes well with your sale. I emailed you on Monday about buying the lovely earrings to match my beautiful necklace which arrived Monday. Hope you can find it amongst all the "let me come for the sale" emails. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I can tell, it looks like you're as gorgeous as we've imagined you are.. No one could have a personality like yours and not shine on the outside! I guess I should put a photo of myself up - temporarily..there are too many nasties in my family that I have to keep away from to keep it up for too long! Have fun at the sale..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That isn't a very good close-up! But hey that is a brave thing to do a photo without make-up, so you get my thumbs up! I would so love to be at your sale. If I could wiggle my nose like Sabrina in Bewitched, I would! Hope it all goes well for you!

    I can't wait for July to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well THAT just blew the illusionary picture I had built up in my mind of how you look! And how pathetic am I - I clicked to enlarge.
    You're right, postage is atrocious. I wanted to subscriobe to my favourite NZ home mag when we moved from across the ditch but the cost was prohibitive.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Wishing I lived near enough to pop in for a look - at the sale, the house and at you (though suspecting you won't be in your jamies :-)). Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi A-M, Funny always envisaged you with dark hair. Best of luck with the sale, Im sure you will be bombarded. If you would like to have a little look, I am back blogging.Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I love the self portrait, and the jammies! And oh how I wish I was closer to Brisbane for a little shopping a la A-M! Thank you for my magazine, I can't wait to get my hands on it, I may just knock our postman down in the process!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I wish it wasn't a 10hr drive to Brisbane from The Hunter Valley, I would love to drop by your sale & meet you. Good luck with the day & happy selling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm if only it was cheaper to fly from WA to QLD I would be there!!! Hope it goes well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi A-M, nice work on the self portrait, I think you get extra points for being in your PJ's, even if it is a distant shot. Keep the mystery alive I say mate!
    I think that to wait for the July issue to come out is the perfect time to post the article, don't want to step on any toes...
    :) Flick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great self portrait.
    Hope the sale goes well.
    Great idea to wait til the next issue is pout before you scan the article
    Take care
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sneaky thing!! It's funny, my friend and I were saying the other day how we'd hoped there would be a photo of the elusive A-M in the Home Beautiful article :) Like Shaz, I had always pictured you with dark hair too :) I think you have the right idea with waiting to post out the magazines xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what? you mean HB couldn't use that photo too??? (at least you're waving!) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your self portrait A-M...Good luck with the sale, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't be there in body but will be in spirit. Have fun and hope you sell heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck for your sale A-M. I wish I was closer!
    It is so nice to see you, now we just need a closer shot of you.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aaahhh, there you are A-M! Sneaky way of doing a selfportrait. lol.

    Funny, I always pictured you as a brunette. Wish I could be a part of the fun up there....hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There you are!!!! I hope we can see more of you but this surely will do for now. My that is a crazy shipping fee. I'll be sure to treasure my mag, don't you worry. Hope you are having a beautiful week!
    xoxox Trina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope the sale went well...loved the piccie in the pj's!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A-M you're looking fabulous! Thanks for the self-portrait :). So glad to hear that things at The House seem to be on schedule. Next you'll have to be taking photos of your rental.....

    XO Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely mirror! Wold love to come to your sale, unfortunately will arrive in Gold Coast only in July.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx