Lou, from 'The Little House That Could' blog, has sent me a 'Sunshine Award' and has asked me to list 7 things about myself. Thank you Lou. I'm with Lou on one of her 7 things - I too can't stand the Brisbane heat, especially after enjoying the lovely cold winter temps down south recently. Even during winter our local attire is singlets and thongs/flip flops to those giggling in the Northern Hemisphere (I felt a bit overdressed, with my scarf, in the supermarket yesterday). Lou is renovating an old Queenslander on the outskirts of Brisbane, while working and mothering. Busy girl. You can visit Lou's darling house bloggy HERE.
Hmmm, 7 things:
1. I have this recurring dream, almost every other night... in some shape or form..... and have had it for at least the past 25 years... that I am going into an end of semester uni exam in a subject in which I did not attend one lecture for and do not know anything about. It vaguely turns out to be something like Geography or something totally unrelated to what I studied at Uni (Biochem/Physiol). I don't know where it comes from. I never failed a subject, came close though, maybe that's it. Or maybe it was the pressure of end of semester exams.....25 years ago!!! I did subjects back in the 80's that had no other assessment other than one 100% end of semester exam. So cruel they were.
2. I played in a bushband (The 'Bullocky's Bathtub Bush Band') for 19 years. Violin. I couldn't count how many times I have played 'Knees Up Mother Brown' or 'Whiskey In The Jar'. We had a regular Friday night gig at Gilhooley's Irish Bar until I refused to play there once I became pregnant with number one son.... back in the days of nightclub smoke..... I couldn't do it to him. We played at lots of school bush dances too. We did Marist Brothers Ashgrove School 16 years in a row!
3. Speaking of babies: Baby number one came out quiet... he's quiet and pensive. Baby number 2 came out screaming... he still is (ahhh, school holidays!).
4. I proposed to my hubby. Sort of by accident. We were just discussing the daily newspaper headlines, over the phone (he was away on a work trip), and I mentioned that it was the 29th February. He said, "got any questions for me"... the rest, as they say, is history.
5. I did a bungy jump in New Zealand back in my lunatic days....was that me?... I couldn't do it now. Too responsible!!! Ha!
6. I have got perfect pitch. I can tell what note you sneeze on. I can play pretty much anything by ear. Helps when you are a habitual band 'music forgetter'. Pity I have never really explored this talent... doesn't really interest me actually..... just a good party trick when the party gets really really boring (said in a Neal from the 'Young One's' voice).... before the playing cards come out.
7. If the stars had aligned, and I had gotten better marks at school, I would have jumped at the chance to have done medicine. At one stage there, early in our courtship, hubby and I were actually scheming to enrol as post grad med students and do medicine together.... it would have only taken us an extra 4 years. Just didn't have the funds to survive it and no rich, philanthropic relatives to help us out!
Now passing this on will have to wait until I get back out there and find some beautiful new blogs. I haven't blog surfed for ages due to packing and moving house, temporary lack of functioning lungs (which are well on the mend now - thank you to those who have been asking) holidays and lack of internet access.
I'm going to have to ration myself, otherwise I will be on this thing all day, now that I have it back!
Still luxuriating in the school holidays so we're off to the park for a bit of soccer this morning.... oh unless it rains.... looks gloomy out there today.
Have a great day!