1. I don't have a fridge with an ice dispenser anymore so I am going to do this. Thanks Martha.
2. Land in inner Brisbane is expensive. $3000/sqm Ascot/Hamilton, $2000/sqm West End/Highgate Hill, $1000/sqm Camp Hill/Coorparoo. Would Brisbanites (realestalkers like myself) agree with my figures?
3. The Interior Designer/'Fitter Outer Person', of these apartments of ours, gave absolutely no thought to the practicalities of the tiles they chose... you know those rough, porous, matt, creamy/beige numbers that grab onto every stain they can..... that no amount of elbow grease can remove. I wonder if the owners of the riverfront apartments (who paid a squillion smackeroos) curse, as much as I do, when cleaning their floors. Gets the heart rate up that's for sure.
4. That said, I wonder if I will ever want to move again. I sort of love being here. My morning walks along the river are glorious... and people smile at you and say hello. Got a taste of the local farmers markets yesterday. I will never buy a 'grown in China' garlic again, let alone any fruit/vegetable in a supermarket ever again. We walked to the markets and watched everyone who drove trying to find a park. My car doesn't really leave the garage....walk/ferry/bus. The complex pool changes colour at night - the boys love to lie in their beds and watch the rainbow colours until they fall asleep. They are in their element sharing a room. I found them cuddled up in the one bed this morning, reading to each other. I love living small...it takes 5 seconds for the heating to kick in and then we can turn it off. I am loving the residents herb garden and cooking up a storm. Feels like I have 'come home' ... dangerously so.
5. Moving files from PC's to our new Mac's is proving challenging to say the least. Hubby has spent the last 24 hours glued to a computer screen...almost time for IV fluids.
6. School is back tomorrow and I miss my boys already.
This is where I muse about home design, interiors, my life, my boys and stuff that sort of stops my heart. I have an online store full of my favourite Hamptons style lighting over at www.capecoddesigns.com.au ... and ... I'm currently planning my next house build.