Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Love Them So Much....

... it hurts....




I think the 'sewerage drama' had something to do with them missing me. No one cleans as good as me.

On my return home, I could smell something had gone astray as soon as I reached the corridor outside the lift... that strong smell of something foul, masked (but not successfully) by heavy antiseptic. During our nightly phone goss sessions, hubby had informed me that apparently 4 apartments were awash with sewerage during the 'plumbing catastrophe'. With my hypersensitive nose (it has saved lives you know), I bet I could tell you which ones... blindfolded.

Our apartment was not too bad.... and now that I have added a third layer of fragrance to 'the area in question' (napthalene flakes... good in any 'odiferous' emergency)... it's enough to send one into olfactory hallucinogenic orbit. The carpet has been removed, thank goodness...it gets replaced sometime in the next few days... hmmm bare concrete... luxury! Really, it's quite hilarious when you think about it...hubby and I have been belly laughing a lot this week! Rent is due tomorrow.. what to do? .. I mean they are fixing it.... or so they say. I tell you, one more time... straight to 'A Current Affair'.

So back to my boys... big one said, "when I went to bed, on the first night, I was talking to you Mum, did you hear me?" I did. That first night away from them, when I just had my own thoughts for company, I ached for them. Oh how am I going to cope when they go out into the big wide world one day. It was nice to have a 'Mummy Break' though... no washing or cleaning, cooking or anything domestic for 4 days!

Back to reality. I've got my gloves ready... deep breath, I'm cleaning 'the zone' this morning.

NADM (Never A Dull Moment).
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Your boylets are so lovely. I can see through their message that they really LOVE U.

    Hope you had an enjoyable time overthere.

    Cheers Lady!
    x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so sweet.

    But Good Lord naphthalene flakes? Things must be dire. You have my 10000% sympathy.

    I hope you rae getting huge rent refunds.

    Good luck.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw they are such sweet boys. during our packing we have found some priceless notes - dont get them anymore, just texts !! sign of the times i guess! hope things get better this week re the apartment. Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are soooo sweet, A-M!!!

    xo
    Anette:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely boys! They really did miss you..Enjoy your cleaning, I got a little queasy at the carpet removal bit..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh A-M, you & hubby are obviously doing something very right to have such adorable boys.

    Good luck today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely letter to come home to, your boys are very sweet. Good luck cleaning today. Make domestos your friend and ban, yes ban napthalene flakes. They should be outlawed!!! My mum used to use that stuff and I really can't stand the smell of it. I do hope you get some rental compensation and make sure you ask. Don't work too hard. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a sweet and lovely letter :0) Your boys are great. I'm glad you had some time to yourself in Melbourne and good luck again with your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is THE most adorable thing I have ever read... I could eat your boys like I try to do to mine everyday ;) Hope you are feeling better today xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous letter - one to keep forever :)
    I hope the smeeely situation is sorted out asap, my nose is pretty deathly on smells as well. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Touched by the note you left on my blog, thank you. Hope things are becoming less whiffy chez vous.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful letter and gorgeous boys. Glad you had a lovely break and hope the sewerage drama is over soon for you- it's unthinkable really! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sewage and love in one blog post. As you say, NADM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A-M, what a beautiful note, from your beautiful boys. I have just started receiving similar, albeit shorter, messages from my 6yo. Nothing better!

    Best of luck with the stinky situation, rent relief and speedy carpet installation.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awful lot of upheaval, having to move furniture and wait for new carpet.
    Should this be a warning to never live on the ground floor of a high rise complex?
    Oh your gorgeous boys. Lots of love pouring through their note.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are doing something very right to have such lovely children A-M - everything else is secondary~

    That said, I hope you get some decent compensation for these sewage ordeals: they don't improve quality-of-life now do they!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a week at your house! So lovely to be appreciated - what gems you have A-M. Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have beautiful caring boys! Mimi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think they should be paying you this weeks rent! That note is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh A-M those boys are so precious.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh such a sweet note, surely somewhat of a gorgeous distraction during these foul times!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  22. That letter is nothing short of divine - am feeling all sulky now due to lack of mother-love notes. Eldest son did tell me to "get over myself" tonight though - does that come close????

    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear A-M, what a lovely letter and such neat handwriting and no spelling mistakes!! (can you tell I am in constant state of anxieity about my boys' erratic handwriting and even more erratic spelling??) The only way mine ever write letters is if I tie them down, superglue a pencil into their hands and then move their arms for them, they are that lazy! Bon Courage for the cleaning ops, Bx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, sorry to hear about the "unfortunate" accident while you were gone!

    And I'm beside myself with the fact that my baby will be flying from the nest in under two weeks! They grow up so quickly and I know it's the way it's should be, but oh how my heart will break when he leaves!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. toooooo precious!

    sorry about the smell!

    joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx