Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kitchen Love


Thought you might enjoy some photos Lynette (one of my readers) sent in to me. Lynette has just finished her renovations and her beautiful kitchen. Look, she used the same lights I did... totally kindred! Isn't her kitchen gorgeous!



....love the tiles, floors, open shelving! Sigh.


.... look at that wonderful wall colour. C'mon, cough it up Lynette, I am sure someone is going to ask!


... and look at the beautiful lights over the dining table! Lynette has also confessed to having a 'severe lighting obsession' and managed to smuggle all these fittings on as airline hand luggage to get them home (managed to distract the cabin crew on a 'running late flight'.... love your technique Lynette!) Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home. xx.
Photobucket
Addendum from Lynette... who is just about to hop on a plane to Melbourne.... so I have cut and pasted her email with all the details.....

"Kitchen Cabinets: Dulux White on White (Satin finish)
Stools: Ikea (can't get a better priced kitchen stool and nice and sturdy for 2 little ones to use)
Wall colour: Resene Triple White Pointer (tried about 20 greys but they kept looking grey, greyer and grey-est! This colour is an absolute winner - very warm, without any pink undertone, and has more of a linen colour to it)
Tiles: from Academy Tiles in Artarmon, Sydney - visit www.academytiles.com.au select Ceramic Tiles, select Amano Walls, in 75 x 150mm, white. The tiles are the number one thing that people love about the entire house (and not a bad price - think about $115 per square metre...maybe an OK price for a small area!)
Kitchen handles: from Restoration Hardware (U.S.) - I had them shipped over.
Caesarstone: Oyster White 30mm"

Lynette is going to get back to us re the floors!... oh and here's the 'before picture'!!!



A-M xx


30 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Love the lights and the little wall sconce. I also love the little dining area..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous kitchen and love the glass lights - nice trick! The wall colour also really works in well too. Just right! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in LOVE, what a gorgeous kitchen and beautiful lights, thanks for sharing A-M. And thank you for your super lovely comment last night!!! You're so sweet!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous - each and every bit of it. Love the paint colour, and she has very good taste in lighting too! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning kitchen.
    Those floors are divine, do you happen to know what they are ?
    I think that's the same sink as mine. Gotta love a crisp white kitchen, so fresh and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing A-M. You are right when you predicted that people want to know the wall-colour! Is there anyway your friend can tell us?

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that kitchen!! I've got a question!! why is it so difficult to get neat lighting in Australia?? And did she really have to smuggle those in?!!!! What a gal - I'd have done it too for those beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful kitchen - and I will wait with baited breath for the paint colour - it really is fabulous.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, A-M.
    I can almost hear that satisfied "sigh" that Lynette must have had as she stood back & admired the result of what (I imagine) would have been lots of planning, designing, collecting of images and work - but wow, has it paid off. What a stunning kitchen -Love it all!
    Thank you for sharing, A-M (& Lynette!)
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous kitchen, love the wall colour too! open shelving - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous - exactly my style! Love everything about it. It's blog posts like these that have really cemented for me the kind of kitchen I want when we redo ours - hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynette's kitchen is beautiful Bet it feels great to whip up a feast in such a lovely space. I have a lighting obsession too but am struggling in a big way as my old queenslander has ceiling fans and since air-conditioning is way down the list I need a combination fan/light that still looks beautiful. Any ideas A-M?
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely renovation. Secretly (or not so secretly!)wishing I could replicate it in my own home (which currently has a kitchen with dated peach laminate and black speckled granite bench top) - it would be great to know a bit more from Lynette about her choices and decisions... and of course the paint colour (and doors!) Beautiful renovation, and thanks to you both for sharing! Lindsay :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those glass lights cause me actual pain - must be covetousness... mismatched lightbulbs too - I can't take it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the pics of Lynette's kitchen. What a difference!
    Will check out this tile website.
    The grey paint is lovely too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just perfect! Makes me so excited for our kitchen renovation!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were right about that wall colour. It's going in the file for "the next house". Love the fact that it's called white pointer... shark grey wouldn't sell as well... thanks for sharing. A x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is absolutely beautiful, but being the lazy housebitch I am, I'd need somebody to come in and clean it for me.
    My middle name is "Toolazytohaveanythingwhite"

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice and what is that wall color? love it!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  20. making my day again! great to come home after big day and get my fix..gorgeous kitchen! have a great week everyone

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, fantastic! I'd ;love so,ething si,ilar for my kitchen. Love those dining room lights too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi A-M! Oh, what a beautiful kitchen... I love it! xoxo alice

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great room and given me some really useful examples. I have a very similar colour in my place, and have been thinking about changing the doors in the house. the style shown here is the one i'm considering - great to see an example of how they look painted white against the wall colour.

    {i know, i ramble, but was mega helpful! :) }

    jx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Throw in some fruit in flowers and we have ourselves a magazine cover. This is beautiful. Now I am curious about sky lights? Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  25. For me, it's something about the tiles and lights combo, tactile, utilitarian but not cold, so confident. Oh and white and grey which a duo I love above all other! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful kitchen. Every girls dream!
    Where can I purchase the glass lights over dining table?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning kitchen and I love the stools! I nearly bought those glass lights to go in my dining room, maybe I should! Letitia x

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh wow , lynette's kitchen looks just like mine! the before!!!!!!!!! wow just beautiful!

    corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. the symmetry is just gorgeous! thank you (both!) for sharing :).
    I've started a new blog about our new reno adventures - it is still in the "before" stage, but I hope you can come over for a look A-M!
    xx
    Romana

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this kitchen... so crisp and gorgeous!
    x T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx