Monday, September 20, 2010

Holidays

Still fixated on things of stone and wood. 
Image Courtesy New York Times

It is amazing what a week of antibiotics does when you are actually treating a bacterium. It had to be mycoplasma (I'm not giving it a capital letter - it does not deserve it) again as I am feeling soooo much better. My cough usually hangs around for months until I physically drop. I have let the Doctors convince me in the past that it's all been like a 'reactive asthma' (despite the fact that I don't have asthma). I have sucked on every inhaler known to mankind with no result .......except for every inhaler side effect known to mankind. My hospital trip in June confirmed no asthma.... just pneumonia. So this time around, feeling that familiar pneumonia feeling creeping up on me again, I got straight on to it. One more ab. course and hopefully it will be gone .. for at least this year. Nice to have a few months of good health!.. especially coming into Christmas and the long school holidays.

Yay, it's the term 3 school holidays ....so at the last minute (like yesterday as I said I was feeling better!) we have decided to take a few days off to have some family time together sans phones and computers. We are heading up to the rainforest this morning. It's raining here in Brisbane so it will be raining up there for sure. The boys are rubbing their hands together ... as rain means frogs... and lots of them. The boys have signed up for the Eco Rangers Discovery Program so hubby and I will have 1pm - 4pm daily to ourselves! The rainforest program sounds so exciting .... creek adventures, snake bite lessons, bush tent making, 'eco detective' activities....boy heaven.

I am hoping that the cool rainforest air will steal away my cough for good and give me fresh lungs. So.. I will be offline and away from my inbox until the end of the week. Have a great week and for those of you on school holidays...... enjoy... every..... minute.

Hubby handed me my coffee the other morning and said to me" you know we are living the best years of our lives. I have everything I ever dreamed of". He's a thinker, and a bit of a romantic. It's good to stop in your tracks, assess your life and be grateful. Food, clothing, shelter, health, family...... tick... yep.... grateful.

Have a great week.
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Stone, wood with walls of glass thrown in for good measure ... YES!

    I love Brisbane and your rain forests ...wish I could be there.

    Take care and enjoy this respite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your boys find lots of frogs and you have a lovely time together.

    In the UK there is an effective pnumonia jab that gives annual winter protection - can you get hold of that? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great week you too, and hope you are feeling much better after your holiday :-)

    Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That comment from your husband is so lovely AM. Glad you are on the mend. Enjoy your mini break x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah - holidays for me too! It's raining this morning in my corner of the world and let me tell you - the frogs in the rainforest behind my house this morning were going off! Have a great week. :)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rustic look of the house. I also like your hsubands comment, something I try and remind myself of too. Enjoy the holiday and hope you feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A change of air and scenery...Bliss.

    Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That all sounds just wonderful. Including your hubby - awesome comment and something that more of us should think about more often. Have a fabulous time (just check the boys' pockets for frogs on the return trip).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poor thing! Hope those antibiotics get you well on the track to feeling better. Hope you have a wonderful time away - such a great place for a getaway, especially with two frog enthusiasts like yours :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling better A-M:). Your hubby sounds gorgeous- I love that he appreciates what he has. So many people seem to be so unhappy with their lives.
    Have a great holiday. It sounds like the boys are going to have a real adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, A-M, I am so pleased your health is finally on the improve, you poor darling. What a relief. And enjoy your fabulous sojourn, especially those precious hours alone with your husband. That sounds like bliss! J x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you are feeling a tiny bit better, and I hope your cough goes away quickly!

    I also hope you get refreshed and renewed by the fresh, cool, rainforest air and that you come back home rested and feeling much better!

    I love what your husband said...it's a wonderful reminder to each of us to appreciate and enjoy all that we have and love!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like having some time together alone. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AM That husband of yours sounds devine - what a beautiful comment, you must feel so content.....

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. You take care A-M, and your hubby is so right. Enjoy your break, and I hope you come back refreshed and feeling much better. I'm sure the frog hunting will do the trick! K xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to hear you are on the mend. Hope you have a lovely break away... I love what your hubby said, so beautiful and often my husband and I say the same thing to each other! Emma.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww....I love that your husband said that to you!
    My husband says things like that once and awhile too- also a bit of a romantic :)
    Enjoy your hols with your boys, it sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this pic. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I agree with you on the gratitude, we are among some of the richest people in the world. Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to hear your feeling better! Love this photo you found...so gorgeous!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your hubbies attitude. Hope you feel better hon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, A-M, congrats on making it to 700 followers! An extraordinary milestone to be commended. J x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful philosophy by which to live life. Thank you for reminding me how much I have to be grateful for in my life.

    Enjoy your vacay and here's hoping you come back feeling fantastic!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy to hear you are on the mend, and hope you have a lovely getaway with your family. May the boys find lots of frogs, and may you be rid of the frog in our throat!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear A-M, have a lovely trip, hope you all have a great time and I hope you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That sounds like the most fantastic fun for boys! Hope you all have a great time and that you are feeling much better. Letitia x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope your break is full of fun )and frogs lol) and you return rested and revived. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx