Thursday, May 19, 2011

Inbox Week: Kitchen Love

Image Courtesy Muse Interiors

A lovely reader, Suzanne, sent me a link to Muse Interiors, suggesting I might like/hyperventilate over this kitchen. You were absolutely right Suzanne. Trouble breathing.

Firstly I love the light streaming in.... gives the room such a warm glow.... the pendant lights are beauties too... so is the benchtop!  Look at the entry to the butlers pantry on the left...love the checks - tiles/wallpaper?.... and the wainscotting. And the teeny tiny tiles in the splashback... can you see them?

I am a sucker for shaker cabinetry and can never imagine using anything else in every kitchen I ever do. Big statement. But true. This I know.

.... and cabinetry right to the ceiling... with a beautiful cornice. Yep, perfect.

Thanks Suzanne!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Oh yes, very pretty. I can't go past a nice bright white kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous I love white in a kitchen!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my New Giveaway from Serena & Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those lights, be still my heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cabinetry to the ceiling, yes - just what my kitchen lacks! I love the lights too and the benchtops and the splashback.. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, it went straight to my folder of kitchen photos for dreaming! Have a lovely day. Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your beautiful posts this week A-M! Thank you!! Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your beautiful posts this week A-M! Thank you! Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the multiple shades of white. I adore a simple white kitchen. But this one is far from simple. Those pendant lamps are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-M another "pearler". It is what I call a very "A-M kitchen". Lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Step aside...I'm moving in to that kitchen...gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,

    I love this kitchen! Whit kitchen are always so sereen.

    Thanks
    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be honest this ones not doing it for me. I think it needs more warmth, the bar stools for example are a bit blah de dentist for the rest of the kitchen to me...but I love looking at kitchens, xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't help but be a connoisseur of kitchens now thanks to you! I'm collecting your little beauties for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kitchen is a DIY superstore special from the 1980s that has most definitely seen better days. One day, soon I hope, I'm going to replace it and when I do this is just the kind of thing I have in mind. It's a classic look that I'd be more than happy to live with for many years to come. I love the grey marble worktop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial on white. I do agree with highlighting the architectural features, it really does. All my interior projects i like to use colour and sometimes is actually to highlight "defaults" like unwanted pillars or other structural elements.


    Kitchen Benchtops

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx