Monday, July 11, 2011

Melbourne


Check out these little poppets!


Check out the skirt....


.... and the socks!!!


I want some.

These little angels were helping out their Mum on her stall, at the launch of 'The Boutique Markets' in Melbourne this weekend past. Their Mum, Peta, runs a darling boutique, 'Milk and Coco'. 

I bought this, from 'the poppets', for my nephew who is arriving next week. 
Breathless with anticipation, a little brother for 'Miranda Rose' (more goss next week).

'The Poppets' named him 'Felix' for me. 
He comes all the way from Amsterdam... and he is lovingly hand made.
Now my youngest son wants one too. He just giggled when he met him.


The markets were a huge success. The lovely Hawthorn town hall was buzzing. It was such a great day. I met heaps of talented Melbourne artisans....and drooled over so many gorgeous home decor goodies......and I must admit, having the opportunity to finally meet Melbourne bloggy friends, did set my tongue a flutter. I had a very sore throat by the end of the day. 

I finally got to meet 2 of my most favourite 'BBB's' (blogging building buddies). 'Mrs B', (from 'Decorating A Modern Home') and 'Stormygirl' (from 'Stormy's Castle')... it was hilarious, we had been supporting each other through our house builds over the past few years, the highs and lows, the tears and excitement.... and when we finally met, we had to firstly establish our real names as opposed to our blogging names, through which we knew each other so well!

... and you know what?..... blogging really does bring out the real person, as meeting these 2 gorgeous girls, it was like we had known each other for years..... yep total sore throat!

I met lovely 'Deb' who has been following my blog for years. Her boy also has a bearded dragon lizard like my boys. Her hubby, Peter, warned me never to take them to the vet (yes vets do treat lizards) as it has been proven to be very pricey for them! Peter runs 'Slattery and Acuroff' (stairs!... gorgeous stairs, people... side track I know, but you know how much I love a good staircase).

I also met 'Trying to Decorate' from 'The Decorating Forum' and her gorgeous daughter. We had so much to chat about and her beautiful girl showed me photos of her bedroom that she decorated herself. Very talented! TDD filled me in on lots of Melbourne info, great shops and places to visit. 
Oh, so little time!

So wonderful to meet you all, my blogging friends.


I hung out with Joy and Clare, from Mondo Cherry. Their beautiful wares proved very popular. 
Look at the last minute touches Clare put to the lamp on their stall.... the little butterflies flying up the lampshade.... so pretty.


Taryn, from Twine and Teacups, flittered around taking all the professional photographs for the day.
Taryn will be loading up all her photos on the 'Boutique Markets' facebook page HERE, later on today.

Thank you Rachael, for such a wonderful weekend with all the Boutique Market girls. We wined and dined.... and dragged ourselves away from op shop windows close to midnight one night! So many lovely things to see and do. I am looking forward to getting back to Melbourne for the Design Fair in a couple of weeks time. 

Happy Monday all. Sorry for the late post! I had to get my darlings back off to school. 
First day of Term 3... they were pumped!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Hi AM

    thank you a lovely post!

    God - you must need a rest love. You sounded like you packed so much into the weekend - wish I was with you.

    It sounds like you had a ball and to put faces to names (or blogs) is the best (don't we know :)

    Have a lovely day re-couping :)

    hugs

    x
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-M,

    I'm SO disappointed I missed the Boutique Market in Melbourne! I had it all planned out that I was going to make a visit and buy some LOVELY things but I completely forgot that my dad was arriving in the country from overseas! So... I'm just going to have to wait for the next one... glad to hear you had a ball. From your pics, looks like there were quite some beautiful things for sale... I suppose my bank account is letting out a sigh of relief!

    I completely recommend Melbourne as your next holiday spot with the boys! I actually think Melbourne has many similarities to Brisbane (maybe not as laid back??)... enjoy a stroll through our botanical gardens... take the boys to Melbourne Zoo (I love it there!)... enjoy our cafe culture - Fitzroy St in St Kilda, Chapel St in South Yarra, the tiny lanes within the CBD - Hardware Lane, Flinders Lane, Degraves St (a must!)....

    Have a lovely week, A-M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to finally meet you, A-M, after following your blog for the past 3 years. You are even more gorgeous in real life, and it was an absolute thrill to put a beautiful face to your bloggy persona!! I had an absolute ball at the Markets and have been totally inspired by the lovely Ladies who create such masterpieces.

    If you have any spare time when you're down here for the Trade Fair I would love to catch up for a coffee with Mrs B! We could have talked for hours on Sunday!

    I noticed I stuck my head in one of your photos! Hehehe! ;-)

    Hope you had a safe trip back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my mum dressed me like those poppets when I was their age. I'm totally going to steal that sock idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post!

    Those girls are adorable!!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed Melbourne.

    I went window shopping yesterday at Paddington in house-ware shops I know you'd love, very french chick.
    I had no idea what half the stuff was but all I could think was A-M would know and she'd find a functional way to use it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI A-M,
    Glad you had a lovely Weekend, you must be exhausted!
    I'm waiting for surgery, an hour to go, and am soooo craving coffeeeeeee.
    Be lovely when it's all over.
    So did you buy much from the markets?
    Louise
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the gorgeous photos of the poppets and the stalls. It looks like a wonderful event. I know the ladies from the forum were just as thrilled with the market. And they were all so delighted to meet you and each other. It's such a pity we are not going to be in Melbourne at the same time. I will have to get to Brisbane soon to catch up with you lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes is was fantastic to meet you in the flesh A-M and you are just as lovely in real life. I think next time you'll have to put aside a whole day for chatting! Market was great, looking forward to it expanding as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like it would have been great. How wonderful that you could connect with these girls you had been blogging with. Certainly is a different world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi A M,
    Lovely to meet you at the Hawthorn Boutique Market, it was so exciting for Milk & Coco to be at the 1st Melbourne market. We are thrilled Felix made his way home safetly! The girls were super good and were a great help for their Mummy on the day! They awaited their stardom with great anticipation! Thanks for making them feel extra special, they deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know already A-M that I had such a wonderful time chatting to all the ladies and meeting you long last!!!

    Melbourne is a wonderful place to visit, so vibrant, so many cafe and shops.

    Mrs B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a pretty perfect w/ end dear A-M!
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx