It's ok to use your your own photos - it really is. It's original content and it shares a little bit about who you really are and helps your readers get to know you.
Can I do this in 10 minutes?...... as I am about to board my plane, to head home to my lads.
Let's give it a go!
1. Be yourself. No really. Don't pretend. Be who you really are. Write like you talk and think... and it will come out in your blog. Your readers want to know you. They really do.
2. Your blog has to have soul. Be passionate. Be excited.
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader".
"No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader".
Hmmm, have had a few tears here.... and surprises. Tick.
3. Tell stories. Stories inspire. Stories drive people to find information. Readers don't always want to be bombarded with information. Inspire, then teach. Inspire, then be useful.
4. Know your dreams.... and dream big.
5. Experiment - test - tweak.
6. Know your readers. Understand your readers. Do not assume your reader is you. Engage your readers. Give something back. Appreciate your readers. Respond to readers (as best you can... I add that as I sat there guilty as hell when all the newbies were rabbiting on about how they respond to every single comment). I'm trying. Post life catastrophes, I will get better at responding to every one of my readers.... somehow!
7. Look at your 'Blog Post Title' or your 'Headline' if your content bombs!
Hmmm, maybe the post title, 'Yesterday', which I use ALL the time..... is just super lazy!
8. Share and share. Create shareable content.....and share. You know... what you give out... comes back to you. Share. Be generous... and enable readers to share your stuff... you know all those social media buttons, stick them around so readers can share your content.
9. Have original content. Don't sort of copy. Be you. Create your own stuff. Use your own photos as much as you can.... yes, me and the 'duck'.... totally vindicated.
10. Give readers a reason to stick around. Give them something now and something for later. Give readers a reason to come back.
11. Clearly define what success looks like to you... in 3-4 years from now... and hold on to that.
Ok, so that's 11.
Final boarding call. Speak tomorrow.
Have a great Saturday!
Duck photos?.... 'original content'!!!
Crappy iPhone photos are a.ok!