Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Ponderings


Good morning. Little mister and I are sitting on our deck, all rugged up, pondering the universe. Actually little mister got a bit sick of Mum's deep ponderings and went and fetched his Nintendo after about 10 minutes. We are hoovering down delicious jam drops (made lovingly by Annie) and breaking every breakfast rule there is.


After such a rainy, stormy start to the weekend yesterday morning, it's a glorious day here today. Still too early for a good photo of 'duck' ....but I tried. Lots of runners are out this morning. There is a running club that meets further down the river every Sunday. They do the 'morning loop' past my place EVERY Sunday, rain, hail or shine. Maybe I should join them?... it's just down the road.



We went to the shed and had lots of fun as you can see. Trying to keep our mind off the absent brother. Little one is doing well. I had a lovely friend over, for drinks and cheese on the deck, and then little one and I snuggled on the couch and watched back to back episodes of Dr Who.... as you do.

Ghost town... no more early morning 'lappers'.... or happy frolicking families. 
 If you are wanting to buy into the complex, don't believe the blurb about the 'heated pool'!

Well, we're going to try to brave the pool today. The centre managers switched off the pool heater as the place was a hive of activity on weekends, with children squealing with delight and families enjoying the facilities. Now it is a ghost town, just the way they like it. Nice and quiet. No signs of life. As my big boy says, 'retirement village style'. So we're going to brave the freezing cold and do a bit of squealing ourselves. Rebels.


Brian says hello!
(I know, I shudder too)

Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. They are a couple of the BEST jam drops I think I have ever seen and yes, you should join the running club! It's raining here for the first time in months. Everything in the garden is smiling. Have a wonderful Sunday. ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jam drops for breakfast? Why ever not? They look sensational!
    I was wondering what I was going to cook the family this morning, as a change from the usual pancakes, so please excuse me while I rustle off to the kitchen in search of baking ingredients....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning A-M, The jam drops look delicious. A glorious day here to. We have also been out on the deck enjoying watching the runners & cyclers go by. I might join them before it gets to hot. KP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those jam drops look amazing! Love the photo of your son in the box,cute. Have a great day you two.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning sweets, in my humble opinion the ingredients used in jam drops are exactly the same as breakfast in it's different forms so it's all Good!
    Little tacker is no doubt counting the minutes till big brother returns, hope B had a ball. I think the pool might be a tad brisk!
    Enjoy your Sunday
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned OFF the pool heating? How ridiculous! If I were an owner there I'd be furious - and complaining :(

    Love the breakfast choice!

    My little one and I are sitting on our deck enjoying a FINALLY warm sunny Sydney morning - sadly no jam drops, weet bix are in order here today.

    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. oops btw thankyou for the shout out A-Me, I feel rather special.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a runner myself but I reckon you should give it a go if you are that way inclined hahah~ Just love the photo of little one all snug and sleepy but i laughed when i found a Nintendo might be under that rug! Have a wonderful Sunday xo Mel xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel a pool party coming on!!!!!! That manager is an irritating old sod isn't he? Bet he hasn't smiled in years. You should put Brian onto him - that'd shake him up a bit. Handsome fella isn't he?!!! I too had a shudder moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI A-M, just wondering...do you have to have a reptile license to keep Brian?? I have a friend who owns a turtle and she has to renew her's every year here in NSW...T

    ReplyDelete
  11. T, Yes we do have a reptile license. We couldn't even transport them from the pet shop unless we had one. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd be dumping condies crystals in his pool! See how he likes them apples.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brian is very cute - I quite like lizards. Bearded water dragon type lizards are a fave.

    I think something needs to be done about the pool heating being turned off. The manager is supposed to work on behalf of the body corporate (ie the owners of the building). To turn off the heat for the pool when the complex is advertised as having a heated pool is not on! Do you know who the body corporate chairperson is for the building? Could be worthwhile having a chat to them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must admit, A-M, that I love the picture of your little one holding Brian. We have a beardie too-is it strange for me to think it's actually cool?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pics - but yikes; Brian scares me a bit! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brian: a face only a mother could love. Human boy: adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what - they don't like the squealing!! bar-hum-bug I say.
    pfffffttttt.
    our kids managed a super quick dip yesterday - the temp got to 22 degrees in our pool - and that's with solar heating!!! warm up Canberra please!!
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmmm jam drops and a hot cuppa sounds perfect right now!

    Brian is huge, so he must be thriving. The boys are doing a great job. He looks like he has posed for that shot too.

    Love the fun in the shed. You two sound like you have been good company for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh A-M, what fabulous photos of your weekend. I heard the weather your way was pretty crazy over the weekend. Those Jam drops look Ah-mazing. and that cup of tea or coffee? - just my size.

    I'm up in brisbane in a couple of weeks, would love to catch up and finally meet if you have a chance! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Brian! You gorgeous sexy little lizard. Love ya! (I'm a tomboy at heart and love critters! Hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Brian :)

    Best of luck with the cold water, such a shame you have to brave the chill.

    xxx
    ps made jam drops today, they are very moreish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely to see some very important Mother & Little Son bonding time happening here dear A-M!
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sigh! Perfect weekend. When I'm looking for an excuse to act like a kid I know who's house I'm going to!

    XO,
    A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx