1. It is way too hot to run on the beach at 7am. Way. Too. Hot. Distressing almost.
Don't let the beauty fool you.
2. Beach folk take their fitness very seriously. Sorry madame, I snuck in a photo without your permission. There are rowing machines, stationary exercise bikes and even elliptical machines dotted throughout the parks. The shady park paths are the 7am beach running alternative. Way cooler.
Impressive. I am surprised they haven't been fleeced.
3. One has to search high and low for a gable.
4. If you search for them, you can still find darling little beach shacks....
..... that are worth squillions of dollars now.
Oh, the fifties!
4. Beach folk take their beach-themed decorating very seriously.
Check out this glass lamp base full of coral!
Have to put in a plug for 'Natural Living' at Oasis, Broadbeach.
Debbie, who runs the place, is the most gorgeous person.
Instant new best friend.
5. Beach folk seriously embrace colour....
... and silky things...
... and leopard print...
... and sparkly things.
Speaking of sparkly things, we have our little Christmas tree down here with us... with like 4 decorations we grabbed off the big tree at home as we ran out the door. It does the trick. It's fibre optic so it is good value for maximum sparkle at night and it keeps us all mesmerised.
Happy Thursday! My little one is counting down the sleeps now.