Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Guess What?

Yesterday afternoon on the beach

I'm at the beach! 

We're taking a mini break for a few days. Our lease is up soon and we are being spectacularly booted out (I knew he didn't like my boys .....and maybe my growling about how he didn't like my boys... and maybe the fact that I stopped letting them into the apartment to fix the original construction defects that should have been fixed on completion of the apartment before I moved in... and maybe the stink I kicked up when he unlocked my meter box so Energex could cut off my power for no reason). 

It all got a bit too much... the anxiety about moving again and finding somewhere to live.... so we ran away for a few days. It will all be so much easier to get my head around after time away. It always works that way doesn't it! As my teenager always says to me, "things are never as bad as they seem"..... something his Dad taught him ....that he carries with him and blurts out whenever he sees me 'orbiting' over something!

So we're carefree and joyous. Yesterday on the beach, the boys attempted to teach me how to pass an Aussie Rules football with style and decorum. It's impossible. How do you get a spin on that thing? I'm holding it right and doing the right hand spin thing but it just isn't happening for me. Isn't it nice when your biggest problem, in one little moment in time, is that you can't pass a footie correctly?

That's the beauty of a holiday. Time out from your life and your worries.

Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oh A-M enjoy your break. Try sticking your tongue to the left when passing the ball, it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi A-M,
    I wanted you to know that I really enjoy reading along about you and your boys and the inspiring photo's I can find here and about Bill. You are a great mama!
    Wishing you and your boys a wonderful Christmas and good start for the new year with good health and a great new home!
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey A-M,

    we are off to the beach today for a few days too... might see you on the dunes :)

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful holiday A-M. I am sure you will find somewhere fantastic to live. And I don't know how anyone could not like your boys - I think they look like they are fantastic little men and you are doing a brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow A-M, great picture. Enjoy your break honey! Merry Xmas to you. Take care and all the best for the New Year too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fabulous break. It'll all work out in the end.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have my full sympathy on the footy thing. My family falls about in laughter when I attempt to throw or catch it. Just never going to happen.

    Well I always figure that when one chapter closes, you are forced to open the next, and often with surprising and delightful consequences. So I hope that this is simply meant to be, and that somewhere fabulous already has your name on it, and is just waiting to be discovered by you. Virginia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes it is very good to run away... so run and enjoy those sweet boys! I am so sorry for the boot part though. I know what a pain it is to move, so I send you a big hug.
    thinking of you and wishing you three a very Merry Christmas!
    joan

    p.s. I thank you for leaving your "calling card" and Ella sends a wag and a wiggle for your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time out is wonderful, I too am doing that with all the children and Grandchildren together. It is going to be magic and that beautiful boy is right 'things are never as bad.....'
    Have a wonderful Christmas xx J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Running away is the BEST! Enjoy your recharge.

    Trust your fellas to remind you of the really important stuff.

    Merry Christmas to you and your boys A-M, just in case your posts cease now due to you being overcome by the fresh sea air and the overwhelming sense of relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh AM enjoy your holiday and precious time with those gorgeous lads! I wish I owned an old traditional home rental in QLD that needed decorating. I'd welcome you and your boys with open arms! Ah well, I'll hope that this new challenge brings unexpected joy to you all; as often such situations do. Have a wonderful Christmas,
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are lovely. That is all!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wise words from that little man of yours:). I hope you find somewhere wonderful for you all to live.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx