- When you love the work you do and the people you do it with, you matter.
- When you are so gracious and generous and aware that you think of other people before yourself, you matter.
- When you leave the world a better place than you found it, you matter.
- When you continue to raise the bar on what you do and how you do it, you matter.
- When you teach and forgive and teach more before you rush to judge and demean, you matter.
- When you touch the people in your life through your actions (and your words), you matter.
- When kids grow up wanting to be you, you matter.
- When you see the world as it is, but insist on making it more like it could be, you matter.
- When you inspire a Nobel prize winner or a slum dweller, you matter.
- When the room brightens when you walk in, you matter.
- And when the legacy you leave behind lasts for hours, days or a lifetime, you matter.
Aren't holidays great? They take you out of your life and give you time to think, reflect, plan.... and get stuck into that old hindsight! I have a lot of inspirational posts from wonderful positive blogs coming into my inbox each day. Seth Godin's blog is the bomb. His every word moves me and motivates me. He is truly changing the world. His words above have been a great comfort to me this year.
The 'You Matter' concept has been beautifully explored by another one of my favourite bloggers. Angela Maiers did a great TED presentation on the concept HERE and has followed it up with some great motivating blog posts, such as her '12 Steps' one HERE. Watch the video at the end of Angela's 12 Steps post. Those young girls are inspirational.
Every single person you meet on your journey in life wants to know that they matter.
It's a busy time of the year. Beyond the presents, the food, the decorating, the expectations..... you matter. You might just make someone's day if you tell them that they matter too.
Happy Friday! I am off to wake up my sleepy boys for an early morning frolic on the beach... before the sun gets too ferocious! I am going to make sure that they know that they matter to me too!