Monday, January 23, 2012

I'll Miss Them


It's back to school today :(
Our carefree days are over. We all have to get back to work... even the grown ups!

This photo was taken 4 years ago, when my little tacker first started shool. I am going to come back to this post this afternoon and load up a photo of the two of them now. The height difference now is significant.... boy, did my big son grow over the holidays! Yesterday we officially ruled that he is now taller than his Mum. We headed into town yesterday to buy him a new esky.... as a lunchbox could not contain what that boy eats now.

They're excited. All their school clothes were laid out last night... and not under my direction. I heard a commotion while a lost hat was frantically searched for and mutterings that 'a Saturday detention was not a great way to start the school year'. It was found. We also found the lost library book that was added to my term fees each term last year while we searched for it. Phew! I was lamenting about how broke I was going to be today.... as Term One fees are due by this afternoon. Big son said, "Mum, I'll make it all worth it. I'm going to work really hard again this year. Promise." He will too. They both will. Their schooling is the best investment I have ever made. 

So I'm off to make the first round of school lunches for the year. Going to have to do my run in the dark now.. to fit everything into the morning schedule.

Have a great day today everyone. I am so sentimental this year....almost teary about them going back to school..... as I know these 'back to school days' will end one day. They grow up soooo fast. Slow down 'Mr Time', slow down!

Happy Monday!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Aw I absolutely love the stories about your boys, they are turning into such wonderful young men :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness A-M, those colossal packs! Good things the boys are growing but the packs aren't (though I'd love to see that Esky).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The term holidays will be here before you know it. Meanwhile, enjoy the peace and quiet during the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do something extra special full of gorgeousness for yourself today A-M. I always feel mopey on day 1 - love the holidays and miss M when he is back at school - but also love my school term life - it's the adjustment that makes you a bit blah especially after such a long break down here. We have one more week then M is back at school on the 30th - and it's his birthday! Only he seems to think that's cool - i'd rather have an extra day off!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First day back is such a big day for everyone! My boys where sooo excited, which is not normally the case in our house, so it is a refreshing change! It is nice to see. But they do grow up way too fast! Have a great day. x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  6. My youngest starts next week. I know exactly how you feel. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. first day back for us too, hope your year is a good one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dying to see this afternoons photo A-Me. I bet the boys have grown into those big backpacks!
    Do something nice for yourself today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hee hee A.M I know how you must be feeling I just dropped of my two, eldest has just gone to senior where does the time fly??? (Scarry) My youngest has many years before he has to go to big school.
    But I know you will be thinking of them all day & waiting to here all there stories of the first day back (me too) thinking of you & have a great week x :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always loved my first day back at school when I was growing up. It sounds like the boys do too. Hope they have a great day. We only go back on the 3rd Feb here in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I cannot believe how big they are getting. They look so little in that photo! Time does not seem to want to stand still for anyone does it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A-M I too am feeling sentimental and teary... it never gets any easier sending them off does it. Have a beautiful day...love the esky idea very funny xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always feel a little bit lost on the first day back after the big holiday too. I ended up walking the long way home this morning as going back to an empty house wasn't too appealing.
    Last night we looked through photos of the first day for each school year and gasped at how much growing has been done over the years. It all goes by so, so fast...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your boys' first day back was a great one xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. At any stage, if you want to nominate your youngest Tacker as a formal partner candidate for my girl (in about 8 years), I will gladly accept this nomination and happily elevate him to receive Official Formal Partner Status.

    I hope today was a good one for all of you. My lass and laddie had a ball. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx