Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Memory Lane


As this blog of mine has really become a journal of my life, interspersed with house images I hyperventilate over, I had to do this. I had to go back and find some photos of my boys 4 years ago.... as I was very emotional at our first day back at school yesterday. Time is flying and it all really hit me yesterday. 

I was a mess as I watched my big boy walk up the road to spend his last year in Middle School..... and my little one looked so lonely waiting for his new class to arrive. His year is an 'intake year' so the grade population has doubled with new boys... all looking rather lonely and scared too. I cried for the scared little new boys too. I cried for everyone. 


Little tacker is now wearing those shorts his big brother is wearing and you can actually see skin on his legs now! He has graduated to the big shorts that need a belt and he wore his first school belt with such pride yesterday. He said he felt really big and grown up. I forgot about the belt thing.... well I remembered when they started school holidays and went rummaging for the hand me down belt shorts, laying them out ready for school in the new year... but the belt.... forgot all about it. We did some creative 'belting' yesterday morning as the big son's one was handed down and we hunted for something suitable for big son to wear!



Fully belted!... and proud as punch in his brother's 'big shorts'.



There's the esky. It was full to the brim there and empty on return.

Day Two. I am making the most spectacular school lunches, even if I say so myself. Big son has offered to do them but I have a need to pour love into my boys in the form of lovingly made school lunches for a while. I am sure I'll hand over the reigns a few months down the track. You can do the ironing instead big son. 

It's a rainy day here. Rats. School is not much fun in the rain. Can't run around and be boys.

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. I remember those photos, now I'm emotional! Such beautiful boys, I hope they have a great year. Charlotte is starting school for the first time in 2 weeks, I'm trying to steel myself but I'm not sure that's going to work! Have a lovely week.. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's scary how fast they grow up! Such lovely boys you have.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AM your pictures are startling. I can't believe how much your children have grown on this blog. The time really does fly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness how they grow... and an eski of food for the growth fuel!
    My boys are nearly four and just seven now and even looking back to the beginning of my blog it's amazing how much they've grown. Thank you for a little glimpse into my future. Now how do I make sure my boys are as nice as yours?! A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely memories. Boy they grow fast! Look at those huge backpacks, at least they've grown into them a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, haven't they grown? And how great to have such a wonderful diary of your boys - your blog really is a visual journal of your lives. My youngest went back today, and for the last year - two in uni now, one in year 12. Hold them tight A-M, it all goes way too fast. K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you have made me teary. Your boys are growing up. My boys go back tomorrow grade 1 and 2 :) and Miss 3 will be at the ELC (early learning centre). I am no good if the kids are upset (even if they aren't my own) I am a a big wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hold tight. You turn around three times and then you are looking at photos of your grandchildren!!!!
    It was only yesterday mine were your ages and now their children are! Where does it go?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A trip down memory lane for you AM. Brothers in arms! Time is flying because you are having fun. Precious times.

    Lou ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi A-M, Happy New Year to you and the boys. Beautiful photos and happy memories. Reading your post has made me teary and sometimes I wish I could bring back the days when my boys were younger. Have a special day. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lunch ideas, please!?! Even a dedicated post? I'm hopeless with lunches, to the point that the boys eat before and after school, and only snack at school. The only lunch I make is for my pre-schooler.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to look back on those old photos. Your boys have grown so much. Your eldest is a real young man now and with his beautiful nature, you should be so proud of your influence on him. I'm going to be a mess when Grace starts kindy next year!!! I've decided to really cherish this last year with her home full time and am playing lots of fun times together x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the "from the back photos" and the difference four years makes. Those backpacks look heavy! We still have another week of holidays but the boys and I went in to buy their new school uniforms - its goign to be bread and butter for dinner for weeks to give my credit card time a break!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A-M do you know that you are a big sooky lala!!! ;)
    Such adorable boys. My third is just about to start year 12 and I am finally going to leave it to her to make her own school lunches this year. I am sooooo over it. When all 3 hated sandwiches, it made my school mornings quite difficult at times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love revisiting the kids' photos. When they are little they change before your eyes!

    The story of the shorts is so sweet and the boys have grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so nice to see how they have grow. I still can't get used to those enormous bag packs kids in Australia have when they go to school. It's like that ad (for something?), they all look like bag packs with legs because the child disappears behind it ;)
    Anette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to hear some of your spectacular school lunches.....my girls are so sick of my usuals.

    I too had a bit of a panic this year as my second one starts high school. :( Glad you made the most of the hols. Back to reality for us next week D2 on Tuesday, D1 on Wednesday and D3 off to day care on Thursday.
    Fran A x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that makes ME teary! I'm sending my 2 older boys off to kinder for the first time next week (3yo and 4yo), it just goes so fast! *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is really cute. This will be all 3 of mine next week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was rummaging through a desk drawer and came across a picture of my son taken soon after he turned 1 year old; he's now 9. Time certainly flies-where's that pause button?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Teachers love school lunch posts too! I work at an all boys school and the rain is such a killer - the boys have so much energy and there's no way to get rid of it. They end up sitting in the classroom like drowned rats - come on Brissy weather, time to lift your game!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for saying nice things about my boys. I'm ridiculously sentimental this week with the going back to school thing and all. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are such good brothers it is sweet to see them together. And boy do they look alike.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are the sweetest mum ever! ... and seem to have the sweetest boys to match!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These photos are just heart-melting, A-M! No wonder you're so proud about sharing them with us - just delightful. J x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx