Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Nook


Next time, I would love to build a little dining nook in the kitchen, complete with freestanding table.... and a nook for recipe books just like this. Although.. the light fitting would have to go.... sorry... and those cushions would have to have some blue in them... with a check or a stripe for good measure.

I'm off to deliver some lights this morning. Yes, I even do home delivery.... if you live in my suburb... hey, Suzanne! 

Happy Monday!
Have a great start to the week!

Photobucket
PS. I am now saying, ridiculous sweeping statements like, "I am going to have a block of land by the end of the week". Didn't happen last week. It's harder than you think. I sort of really want to build near the last place, on a block on the high side of the street, that's greater than 600sqm and in a street that has character homes. I'm a bit fussy. No-one is budging because it's a 'not so good' time to sell and a great time to buy. If you spy anything, let me know. I have my builder waiting!

15 comments:

  1. That's a pretty little nook - love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U have ur builder waiting? I love a positive person who has builder chosen before land purchased�� Here's hoping your land jumps up and presents itself this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! That's going to be hard to find for a good price. At least you have the builder. That's always a step forward in the right direction. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed A-M! Channel those positive thoughts - that land is out there waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Anne Maree for another lovely way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-M perhaps around Easter time you will see some movement in your endeavour to get your perfect block of land. we were told that Easter now instead of spring here in Brisbane is the perfect time to sell apparently. We saw some terrible houses on Saturday at their open houses and the money owners want for their run down homes is amazing! Makes our home look incredible! Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A book nook within a nook. Love it!
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. During the early years of my childhood my family sat at a similar arrangement in our kitchen until my parents 'modernized' by removing the eating nook and replacing with a round table and white vinyl swivel chairs! I really missed that nook.
    I'm glad our house search is over, it's tough out there finding the right block in this town. But if anyone can find it, it's you A-Me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is exactly the right size of banquette too, big enough to squeeze four, but not so big you are scooting and scooting to get to the end. SO much better to eat at than high stools and and a chilly island.

    (fingers crossed on the land, these things have destiny in them)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree ... that light is pretty ugly. I love a built in breakfast table. So old school. Here is a link to one I absolutely love.
    http://littlemissairgap.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/please-dont-touch.html
    I daresay it's probably been ripped out in place of something modern. So sad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh can't wait to see the new house you'd be building. Was playing catchup on the other place cause I found your blog late, but excited that I get to be here on this ride this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the drawer under the bench!

    And like the rest of your followers, I cannot wait to follow your new build :)

    Hope something comes up real soon :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hunting B, hunting hard! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the nook A.M. really cosy, gosh I hope you find that block of land I am so excited to follow the journey :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great that your plans are firming up A-M. I can't believe you are so close! Hope we hear some good news soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx