Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Elevations


I know. I have posted this picture a million times before......and it's probably nothing like what my place will look like....... but I have a 40m frontage so I keep coming back to it..... as I never imagined I'd be able to build anything this wide. It's a start. 

Yes, I can think about elevations now..... now that I have moved on from the nightmare that is dealing with council codes. Looks like I will be going unconditional on Thursday..... which means the block will be officially mine.

Next task (oh, but it is soooo NOT a task!) is designing something beautiful to sit on the block. I am going to luxuriate in it!...the design process that is... not the mud, weeds and rats on the block.

You are not really reading me live this morning. I did this post last night while waiting for orchestra practice to start and scheduled it for this morning.  I drove back to the coast last night at midnight just so I could wake up and go for a run with my little boy. He ran with me yesterday and loved it! Although the trip back was rather slow as we had to investigate anything that remotely resembled a pippy!





.... and we had to take the customary beach 'parkour' action shots as well.


...flying...


.... and karate kicking!

Boys... I just love their energy!

Ok, so my pseudo holiday resumes today with a big sigh of 'due diligence' relief. Sort of. If you are waiting for an email from me, I will action a reply today, between swims, house scheming and pseudo relaxing. Doesn't life get in the way of the inbox?

So, what to do? It's a corner block... 40m x 20m. I get to do two elevations... they're gonna have to be pretty good! Any ideas? I will be building under the Character Code. 

Happy Tuesday! 
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Morning A-M! I keep thinking about those special gables you love - make sure you have some of those.

    I lived on a corner with a large frontage growing up. We had the house going one way and the garage was a separate building down the other side. I always dreamt that my folks would build above the garage so I could have my own "space" and be like the teenagers in American sitcoms in the 70's - or just like Fonzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the sun bounces as it does in the early morning. Beautiful shots. xG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog, so that inspiration image looks perfect to me. I love taking a classically inspired home and making it more modern inside with an open layout and all the amenities you would want. I can't wait to see what you choose.

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you save a list of all the things you wanted to do after building the last "House"? I say go back through that list and see what you can actually still do on that piece of land.

    Dream BIG A-M! I know you're going to have so much fun and I can't wait to watch the step by step beauty you build :)

    XX,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. is the character code similar to a heritage overlay? meaning your build has to keep in sympathy with the existing in your street?

    Such an exciting time to build your own house on your own piece of land. I fyou let your neighbours know in advance that you are building and a rough estimate of time you will find that they are more supportive of the whole process and it makes for a more harmonious integration process when the house is done.

    For the garden use local plants where you can seek advice for choosing trees hire a landscape gardener for the garden planning make it in stages and do the work yourself if you desire or you can hire a professional.

    Good Luck
    Look forward to seeing more :)
    Your little boy is very cute I love the karate kick!

    Helenb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi A-M, I'm reading this on my phone so when I get to the laptop I'll send you through some images and a floor plan. I live in a Cape Cod inspired house that's on a funny triangular block (corner of a cul de sac). Consequently my house has quite a wide frontage and interesting roof lines. There's a few things that I would have done differently but it could give you some ideas?
    Very exciting times ahead.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that house, and I think that would be an amazing elevation, or one even similar would be stunning! I also love the shots from your run/explore with your son!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have absolutely no ideas or advice for you re the house! Enjoy the beach is the best I can come up with.

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am supposing that your image does not fit into the character code which is such a pity it would look so good sitting among the queenslanders! Such a very pretty house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    I have been following your blog for quite some time and when I started you had just left your last beautiful home and I am sure it was very painful. I am so excited to read you are finally getting your own little place on this big earth. You are so lovely and dignified, I know your home will reflect the beauty of it's owner.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A-M, with a block so wide you couldn't possibly pass on the opportunity of a huge return verandah wrapped around the front of the house! How gorgeous, something I would definitely love to do one day. I'd have a large garage off to the side also, plenty of car space & off street parking, since you are on a corner. I am looking forward to hearing some more updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so exciting! Looking forward to seeing it evolve. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation on the block A-M,
    would love to send you over anything I come across that may suit your style.
    Such a exciting time for you and hoildays with your boys to have time to dream.
    All the best,
    Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow a 40 metre frontage that is amazing you can build absolutely anything your heart desires enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A-M, I have been following this blog : http://fortheloveofahouse.blogspot.it/2010/10/finished-front.html

    The house is a stunner !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx