Thursday, June 7, 2012

Once You See One....



.. you start finding them everywhere. 

Ob. Sessed.

Don't think this is the last you'll be hearing from me on the subject of these showers.

No siree.


There was quite a bit of concern expressed, here and on Facebook, about the amount of cleaning required with this set up. I think I would be doing it with much love. It would be so worth it. Some great advice in the comments yesterday... about only using liquid soap. Thank you Leston! 

I had the most delightful long lunch with some wonderful bloggers yesterday, some I have known for years... but had never met. There were screams. Thank you, Katherine, from 'The Old Boat House', Brismod, from 'Fun and VJ's', Thea, from 'Thea and Sami', Pam, from 'Petals and Vintage', and Simon, from 'Beach Vintage'... for sharing laughs and many calories with me (gotta love girls who have dessert!). What a lovely lunch.. so nice to take time out from work, work, work. Just got to school pick up in time! It was close!

Speaking of work... back into it today... my inbox always punishes me if I take a day off. Sigh. If you are waiting for an email from me, I'm sorry, I totally bludged yesterday... for the whole day... I wagged school...played truant....turned my phone off....didn't open my computer.... until it was tea time of course..... and the boys were wondering if I was ever going to feed them. 

Back into it!

Happy Thursday!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. I love that shower!

    I was forced to have a day off yesterday with no power here. It was actually quite good and I'm going to try and keep Wednesdays as a work-free day until Mr3 heads off to school. There were some amazing Lego creations that any architect would be proud of! Although it did mean a late night catching up on things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't quite make the school run. I got there just as they completed the walk of shame to the office! Lucky there were doughnuts for afternoon tea!! Great finally meeting you after all these years. I had a wonderful time and enjoyed the break too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was worried about the cleaning too! Oh I'm so jealous you got to hang with those girls. Happy, positive and IRL bloggers! Yay for you. Next time I'm coming.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the soul good to take a day off- good for you! Sounds like u had a lovely time.
    Clear glass looking better than the frosted glass.
    I do LOVE the heavy, simplenes of the first bathroom bench with towels hanging below. That rocks MY boat! And the mirror? Gorgeous idea.
    Keep em coming A-M:-)
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those Lego days Kim! Brismod, you won't be able to get rid of me now ('in a non stalking way'). Yep, positive stuff Katrina. Just lovely. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bathroom and particularly shower inspiration!!

    Sounds like you all had a fab lunch! Good soul food by the sounds

    Have a great day!

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have the tiler use epoxy grout, it's more expensive but worth it grout does not get dirty ever! Its what they use in all the fast food restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi A-M
    there's some things that take more effort but that are totally worth it. I'm with you, those shower screens would be so loved!
    Are you coming to Sydney for the NuffNang thing at the end of June? My first big blogging event. I look forward to meeting you if you are.
    cheers Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, I am! Going to cheer Katrina along in her workshop. She is presenting. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking forward to it. I'll keep an eye out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep it was great to finally catch up... The first of many lovely lunches to come I hope. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOh what a great lunch it must have been I bet Thea had you laughing met her a few years back & she is just lovely.
    Now on to the shower its gorgeous I would clean them with a big smile on my face thinking how lucky I was I just cannot wait to see you home finished A.M its going to be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY I love these bathrooms! Very "melt". Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving the showers in those bathrooms - how deluxe! so where are the pics from lunch :) le xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why build a house if you don't want to clean it?!
    Shower gel generates less soap scum but doesn't stop mould. I've heard clove oil is amazing at inhibiting mould growth though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can completely understand the shower obsession when you keep finding gorgeous pictures like that!

    Hope your weekend is going well. Thinking of you and the boys as always.

    Xx,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx