Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thea and Sami's Digs and Blog Friends


I knew, when I captured the sunrise on my run yesterday, that it was going to be a beautiful day.

I grabbed a carrot cake from Miette's and headed on down to Thea's studio/shop for a catch up and a sticky beak at all her beautiful new designs and custom projects. Thea is a fabric designer and printer. Her studio is here in Brisbane and it is a sight to behold. Thea creates beautiful designs on natural linen fabrics.... that can be used anywhere in the home....cushions, upholstery, lamp shades, napery.... frocks!



I am seriously in love with Thea's Peacock Party design. Can you see this in a Roman blind, for a full length door window, in a laundry... like my next one? ... well I can! If the house doesn't come fast enough, I might have to make a 'Peacock Frock'!


I was most enamoured with the big screen printing table, on which all the action happens. Thea says it's a lovely permanent souvenir of her screen printing classes and custom projects ... where each little print reminds her of her client's special project at the time.


We sat in the sunshine and nibbled our way through some serious calories, Thea's customers coming and going while we chatted.

Brismod, from 'Fun and VJ's', arrived with the most wicked Lemon Syrup Cake.... which we all inhaled in a millisecond. She's put the recipe up on her bloggy HERE. As, FF would say, "run, don't walk". Katherine, from 'The Old Boathouse', entertained us with her 'product sourcing' stories and Annie, from 'Red Roses and Crystal' and I discussed all the important issues such as country living, the best jam drop recipes and parenting teenagers.

As always, we said we must do this more often. It's so therapeutic to put our busy lives on hold for a morning, once in a while, to just stop, and regroup... and giggle. There is just no point to 'all work', I say. There must be 'play'. Thanks so much for letting us play in your studio, Thea!


Thea's studio is open on Fridays from 10am - 4pm, or by appointment, if you can't make Fridays. It's at Unit 1, 6 Jones Road, Capalaba, Brisbane, QLD, 4157. Thea's website is HERE and she also has a bloggy HERE.

I seriously love Thea's apron and suggested she should sell them!

.. and if you pop in on Fridays, if you're lucky, you might even catch some live screen printing action!

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Wow. Look at Thea in that shot! Beautiful. I love that peacock design too - it would be fabulous for your laundry. And I've just realised how apalling my posture is...! Ha! It was all a lot of fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun. You are not alone with the posture thing. My brothers and I are always digging each other in the ribs to fix our posture when we are together. It's genetic we reckon. A-M xx

      Delete
    2. Yes we are seriously sinking in those fab don rex recliners....I blame the cake!!

      Delete
  2. Sigh. All looks beautiful and gorgeous! Glad you all had a lovely morning. Mxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M, let's do a beautiful and gorgeous high tea in Sydney. A-M xx

      Delete
  3. Dear A-M, thank you for the visit, the cake, the fantastic company and your lovely blog post. It was such a sweet break in the week for me and yes, we must definitely all meet up on a regular basis! PS.. I should have moved that garbage bin. Oh, the glamour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha,ha,ha! The garbage bin makes it so much more real. It is a working studio after all! Thank you for having us Thea! A-M xx

      Delete
  4. Seeing you winter sky here up in the Arctic Norway, where we're supposed to have summer now, is quite strange. Your winter is probably warmer than our summer. How strange and wonderful our globe is. And thanks to internet we can experience all of it at the same time. Have a wonderful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our summer is very mild Inga. I sometimes wish it was a little colder so I could wear my boots, coats and scarves more often! A-M xx

      Delete
  5. Good Morning A-M

    The peacock design is seriously gorgeous and I am in love with the dark blue and light blue cushions with the white pattern on the shelves. Thea, you are very talented. Glad you had a fum morning - nothing like cake,coffee and good company. Have a lovely weekend. Nataliexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all Thea's designs. They are so versatile... and her fabric is divine. A-M xx

      Delete
  6. hi darl - yes that Thea is a very talented lady, she could go mainstream with a high-end store if she wanted to, just gorgeous taste and style!

    Thanks for the blog on that little get together, I wish we could do them in cold melbourne sometimes!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm down there in October/November. We should have a 'do'! A-M xx

      Delete
  7. It was great to see you again A -M. Such a fun day !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it?! Nursery next! A-M xx

      Delete
  8. Love that table A-M... Have a wonderful weekend... xv

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what fun, I bet there wasn't a quiet moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely day, it looks so relaxing and fun.

    I met Brismod once- she recognised me at Anouk!

    Enjoy your weekend A-M x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful day and don't we all looked relaxed sitting in the sunshine while solving the problems of the world. The snap of Thea is fabulous!
    Am off to make Lemon syrup cake...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely to see Thea and work.... and I do love that apron too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The table is an absolute work of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a fabulous way to spend a morning indeed. I'm so glad you've got such great friends A-M and such a vibrant and creative community to spend time in. I hope you and the boys are having a great weekend :)

    XX,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx