Thursday, July 26, 2012

iPad School For The Gifted






I'm sitting in bed this morning trying to learn how to blog from my new iPad, so I will be all schooled up on how to do it by the time I hit the free Wi Fi spots in New York!

I'm travelling seriously light so I won't have a fancy keyboard or anything that would make blogging whilst travelling easy....like a Wordpress blog! Ha! Will be actioning that when I get back, thanks to Katrina, 'blog designer and mover overer to Wordpress guru'! (New iPad blogger question 1 - how do I link back to Katrina's blog in this sentence?).

Ok, so I have Blogpress. Is that all I can use with a rattly old blogger blog? I checked the large photo setting but it comes out in a smaller size? I like my images to be big. Hmmm, anyone, what's the chop? (New iPad blogger question 2 - how do I centre a small font size link to the original photo source under my photo?)

The image is courtesy of houzz.com, by the way, and my new iPad screenshot skills. Nice kitchen. I love the lights. I digress.

Ok, so I am a total beginner again. I apologise in advance for my impending blog posts from this device in NYC, but at least there will be some! There was no way I was going to risk losing my whole work life, taking my beloved laptop. So there you have it. 'A-M's New York via iPad'. Bit excited that this one can take photos. There'll be no stopping me now..except for time constraints. I won't tell you how long it has taken me to get this far. The sun has risen .....and I started in the dark, dark. I'll get there! I always rise to a challenge!

Speaking of challenges, I set myself one yesterday and thanks to my wonderful readers I cleared all my Xxxx Xxxxxx stock out below cost within 24 hours! I needed to get it purged ASAP as I wasn't going to spend my last few days with my boys, before I head to NYC, fretting about moving stock, with only a 3 day time window of it being allowed to remain on my site (my only method by which to sell it...besides email.....and letterbox pamphlet drop!) Would have been much easier to not have purchased it in the first place, as it cost me dollars and time sending it out (still have a full day of packaging it all up today...sigh!...character building). I noticed on twitter other online stockists frantically promoting their clear outs of their branded stock too. I was not alone. I retweeted their sale tweets. We're all in this together. I mean you helped me!

So thank you, for buying all my stuff. I was sitting in the travel agents yesterday, extending my insurance (as I have extended my trip a bit!) and we were giggling over how fast the orders were coming in via my phone. If only business was that fast normally! ... I'd be building that next house yesterday!

Ok, I am going to hit publish and then run downstairs to see how everything looks here on the laptop! Fingers crossed! Viva New York iPad blogging!

A-M xx

Posted using BlogPress from A-M's iPad

22 comments:

  1. It'll do just fine. Love your blog and just grateful for any posts you can muster. And let's face it, living through someone on a gorgeous holiday is never going to be bad, regardless of the font! Im sure the Universe making you earn this trip at the last minute, will only make all the prettiness you will experience even sweeter! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great-looking post A-M. You have got it down pat! Bring on the NY posts - cant' wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to get the photos bigger. Anyone? They are on the largest setting in settings.
      A-M xx

      Delete
  3. A-m I will call you after school drop off if that time suits you. I will tell you how I do it. Large photos and links etc. Blogsy app.
    Cheers Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. You're a love. xx

      Delete
    2. Am going to check out this Blogsy app pronto. Thanks for the tip Fiona.
      However your posts turn out they will be perfectly fine A-Me, better than you not being able to post at all.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Ohh is that a pressed metal ceiling I can just make out A-M? I agree with angelica, any post through your eyes in NYC will be just perfect for me. Glad all the stock flew out the door - bet there will be a few new suppliers just around the corner. Have a great trip, enjoy xx Heidi (F&E)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you squint, it's a PM ceiling! Yep, onwards and upwards! xx

      Delete
  5. Looking great!

    Re: travelling light, how light? We've been inspired by Leo of Zen Habits for our family trip next Summer. He spent 3 weeks in Europe with just one change of outfit, 2 underwear/socks, iPad and basic toiletries in his 16 litre back pack. Freedom! We have a 10kgs hand luggage allowance in Europe which helps keep luggage light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty light...... Leo inspired too. Besides my plane outfit?.... 3 jersey frocks, 1 pair long pants and top, jacket, underwear, t shirt for pjs, running outfit....extra pair of shoes, accessories... toiletries that fit in my hand luggage under the restrictions (none in checked in luggage)....I am one who actually uses the freebie toiletries supplied by the hotels as I don't travel with much!....iphone, ipad, money neck thingy for passport ect. I don't have copious makeup.... I use little pencils for everything.. one lipstick, one shadow etc. Maybe I should take a photo of it all, when I'm packed? I'm taking a larger suitcase with a carry-on suitcase in it and only filling the carry on inside it. My actually carry on will be a small bag.. that just fits ipad and phone and restricted toiletries. I lived out of a 20 litre back pack when I lived and worked and travelled in the UK and Europe in my twenties....I loved living light! My soul purpose in NYC is not to shop but to flit and skip .... but I have taken my readers advice and planned for luggage space for purchases, just in case I do go crazy with the low prices and buy up stuff. A-M xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, take a photo! You sound very organised and I hope you have a great time. x

      Delete
  6. Any post is a good post as far an I am concerned A-M. Getting excited along with you and so impressed at your packing skills. When you get to New York, can you please do one thing for me? Buy a bagel for breakfast! Looking forward to seeing NYC and the Hamptons through the ipad camera. Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, A-M I wish I could have your minimalist approach to packing. Maybe it will work by osmoses via the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the way every one just leaps in to help, on the whole this bloggie world is incredibly kind and generous. Fiona will have you all set up by tonight and we can all travel along with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. New England lobster! Have a wonderful light-travelling show-stopping whale of time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you've done well! My attempt at blogging on the iPad was a disaster. I still can't figure out the photo situation on there - like how to actually get them in a post, without even worrying about the size.

    You must be getting so excited for NY. What a bugger you had all that stuff around with xxxx xxxxxx to put a dampener on things. Well done on getting rid of it all.

    TDM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi A-M, thanks for the info on the ipad, blogging and wordpress. I've been thinking about those things so it's great to read your post on it all! Just went to your shop to do some "shopping" and the things I wanted to get are all gone! I should have been quicker I guess! the packing light formula you have is very impressive. I should probably take some notes! lol Mxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Bloggsy and just did a test post since we are going to France on Sunday.(Sorry I'll miss your trip to the states, I'd have run up to NYC otherwise.) I had no trouble putting in the pictures I took tonight on my iPhone. It looks ok on the big computer, shows up in blogger to edit, seems fine. Wish I had a keyboard tho.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi AM, another little tip for you....makeup in the us is soon cheap. A Lancôme mascara is half what we pay here, which is similar to the price for our supermarket brands. I almost cried when I saw that.
    Have fun!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear that you managed to get all of your stock shifted - I would have snapped up that french side table in a heartbeat, if only I wasn't living in the UK!

    Can't wait to hear about your NY adventures - I'm heading there for 5 days in late October, so your posts will be well-timed in terms of things I should add to my 'must-do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would even go so far as to say a word-only post would suffice! Maybe just email us?? Kidding!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx