Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Loving My Boys


We headed down to Gran's yesterday. Gran and Pa Pa live a bit out of town, on a property with a dam and lots of climbing trees.... so it's 'boy heaven'. I sat and sipped tea out of Gran's favourite Shelley tea cup (oh she has some beauties!) ....


... and the boys headed straight for the trees! Can you see them?.... and Tess, the dog... black thing near my little one?.... she's so old and slowly lumbers around, desperate to divide her time evenly between the boys, who are always summoning her, and her beloved owner, Pa Pa.


Gran and I were lamenting that the days that they want to climb trees are dwindling... my big son is 15 next birthday. When do they stop wanting to climb trees? Thank goodness my little one is a bossy boots... he'll tell the big one what to do for a while yet, especially wrt play time.

Flowers back home

I sat and watched them play for a while yesterday and had a serious gratitude moment.

I really do feel incredibly blessed to have such wonderful sons.... who love each other and who really do have beautiful hearts. I also am so grateful that I can be here as their Mum as they are growing up. I love being their Mum.. and doing everything I need to do, to be their Mum... school drop offs and pick ups... homework... sitting for hours in the car at soccer, piano and seeing them smile at me when they come out of their lessons. .... cooking them meals (that they always say are fabulous even when they're not!), helping them with schoolwork and their day to day problems, laughing with them over the silly stuff. I am loving this journey close by their side. I love showing them that I will always be here for them whenever they need me.

I sat them down the other night and said to them, "aren't we lucky that we are all on this earth at the same time and we are sharing our journey together? I feel it is such a privilege to be here with you boys". They agreed. That's good.

Sometimes I get so bowled over with my love for them, I have to put it down here... so they will read it one day... and remember our special time together.

If you are reading this, boys, and you are all grown up, I loved you then, I love you now and I will love you forever.. for eternity.

Happy Wednesday!

Photobucket
PS Can't you tell they stayed the night at Gran's and I didn't, because I had shed stuff to do? I miss them terribly when they are away.

37 comments:

  1. Beautifully said.
    I can feel your love for those precious boys as I read this post,and they will too as they read your words one day in the future. Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same too about my boys... My big one still climbs trees and he is nearly 20 but he was trying to climb trees as soon as he could stand so maybe it's him ha also balancing on stuff they were big on balancing on fences and Walls etc hope you get heaps of work done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to know... that my big one will be still climbing trees at 20! Yep, got HEAPS of work done!! A-M xx

      Delete
  3. I'm crying! I've just finished a post for tomorrow and whinged about the musical beds going on in my house at the moment. But its these little things that we should appreciate because at the end of the day they are really the big things! xxx G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we are doing the musical bed thing too! Little one has ditched his room and moved in with big son. Big son couldn't care less and little one is in his element. And I moved house so they wouldn't have to share a room anymore. #roomfail
      A-M xx

      Delete
  4. I'm identifying with Tess the dog - torn (and I lumber a bit). I loved being a hands-on mum, and reading about your lovely boys reminds me of the golden days before mine grew up - they are still as darling as ever, but I rarely get to mother...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha,ha,ha 'torn and lumbering'.. what a great mental picture. Mothering is a privilege, isn't it! A-M xx

      Delete
  5. A-M, your words are beautiful, made me cry. Your boys love you to the moon and back.

    Much love

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine. xx PS Come to Melbourne next week! I'll be there Thursday and Friday!

      Delete
  6. hi A-M, Your boys will know you love them.it's so evident in all you do.
    beautiful words!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eyes are watering here! all so lovely, including the lovely teacups! Have a super-productive day so that you have lots of spare time to spend with them when they come back!Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew you'd love the teacup. Hasn't she got some beauties! xx

      Delete
  8. I loved reading your post today about your boys. They both sounds wonderful and a real tribute to you as a mum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mother love is so wonderful and is the purest thing in the world. I bet your mum feels the same about you.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn. Isn't it wonderful. It's good to stop and be grateful for it. A-M xx

      Delete
  10. So Beautiful A-M these are the best days aren't they, days of reflection and gratitude nobody can love them like we do and it's such an honour to do so. Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is just so heartfelt A-M, truly beautiful. They are so fortunate to have you as their mum.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I'm a bit of a mess when they're not around. Guaranteed to be a mushy post! A-M xx

      Delete
  12. Seriously CAN relate to this post as I feel the same about my crew of ten! I was explaining to them today about how a mother's love...a parent's love...is elastic! I can love them all...I love that they are different. And I love them for who they are. I love spending time with them. And I feel blessed and grateful that we just had a 5 day road trip together throughout NSW and how much that meant to me. I was going to do a post on Mother Love later today...then I saw yours...it really does make you feel like you just received a big hug when there is much love out there! Thanks for sharing A-M! May your beautiful boys ALWAYS know how much you love! As I do TRULY DO BELIEVE that LOVE conquers ALL! xxxx Bless you in your endeavours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten...... You. Are. A Champion. Bless you too. A-M xx

      Delete
  13. No matter if you captured it on the blog or if you tell them daily (or not at all) - your boys know how much you love them. What would the world be without parents?!

    XX,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Andrea. I love reading about your trips home to your parents. xx

      Delete
  14. Good morning A-M. Your boys are wonderful because you are wonderful Mum. They are a product of your nurturing and your terrific mothering.They are so lucky to have a place to go to like your Mum and Dad's. It looks like boy heaven. And those tea cups - divine. Did your Mum make the lamingtons? People who own those sorts of delightful cups are normally great bakers. Beautiful old Tess, standing guard over her boys, so like our lovely Jess that just left us - old,slow and loyal and perfect in every way. Give Tess an extra pat from us. Love Nataliexxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Jess. I will give Tess an extra pat. She will know. A-M xx

      Delete
  15. You will still be worrying about them when they are 40! They will still give you cause to worry and you are absolutely right you will love them with every breath in your body! What a lovely place to play. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place to play and find frogs! A-M xx

      Delete
  16. it's so powerful, this love isn't it? A few little tears welled up when I read this. Two of mine are older than yours, the youngest 15. She's away tonight at her Gran's, I'm home alone and i miss her. The older they get, the more precious the moments I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Jo. I count 3 years until my eldest is legally an adult and it brings tears to my eyes. Treasuring. Every. Moment.
      A-M xx

      Delete
  17. How good is this comment reply thingy?! Back in the day, it was frowned upon... replying to your readers in the comments section. It assumed that people had the time to come back and that you thought you were the centre of the universe. How times have changed! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That tea cup is AMAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only know what it's like to be Mother to my boys, but I know it is such a blessing in every way.

    The boys are privileged to have a little archive of your love here.

    We all need to climb more trees!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A-M,
    You think you are lucky having such wonderful boys.
    I'm sorry they must think they are so lucky having such a WONDERFUL mum.
    Its funny that love you have for a child, if you could rip the heart right from you chest if they needed it you would and give it a second thought,
    warm wishes,
    Daryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx