Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Revenge House


I'm back from Melbourne and my thoughts are now turning to my trip to NYC and The Hamptons in two weeks time. I have been browsing through some of my Hampton's Homes books, googling my favourites to see if I will actually be able to see them or whether I will have to climb through hedges and dodge security systems to get even a glimpse of them.

I won't be seeing this beauty though! This is the beautiful home created for the TV series, 'Revenge'. 

The whole exterior of this place was created by CGI (computer generated imagery), modelled on actual estates in The Hamptons.  The interior shots were originally filmed in a home outside of Wilmington, North Carolina and then accurately recreated in sets back in LA.




The original home, on which the interiors were based, was featured in 'Wrightsville Beach Magazine'. I have taken a few snapshots of the original interiors below, for your leisurely Sunday viewing pleasure!






Those black and white transoms, and windows, get me every time.








These last two are of the guest wing in the original home.
Isn't it just glorious?!

You can read the full article HERE.

Happy Sunday!

Photobucket


19 comments:

  1. Stunning house - anyone would be happy with that. Nice to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that house - love that show! WANNA SEE THE HAMPTONSSSSSSSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps one day we will be able to just do large computer generated images that we can then live in!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All just looks so beautiful and dreamy! Mxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if I would be more excited about the fact I was going to New York or to The Hamptons! I cant wait to hear about both...please take lots of pics and have the most wonderful, inspiring and amazing trip A-M.

    Mrs B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it to pieces A-M! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see your house snooping in the hamptons posts!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You must be getting so excited!

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, so naive, they CGI houses!! Clever, great taste too. Loving the interiors, having huge issues with my lust for those incredible built in bunks, goodness they look comfortable. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting!!! You will have a BALL!!! See you next weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing.I donn't know anything about the HAMPTONS. Have to educate myself. Nice Sunday from Slovenia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get enough of that curved window!! Maybe someone could CGI my place?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited to see these photos, thank you for sharing! I am a huge fan of the show & its gorgeous sets. I grew up here & currently live nearby, it just a beautiful area, have a great vacation. Off to pin away. Have a great day, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a spectacular trip!
    x Catherine @ The Spring
    http://www.thespringblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the original house except the Master Bedroom.
    Maybe you need to stop in LA to see the TV set:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the original house except the Master Bedroom.
    Maybe you need to stop in LA to see the TV set:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow isn't it fantastic I haven't seen Revenge so all these images off the interior is just making me wish I'd have had the time to watch the show will have to hire it out on DVD for some serious eye candy :)
    I bet you are so excited about your trip to the Hampton's soon A.M looking forward to hearing all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Be still my beating heart!oh A-M I have saved every image to lust over for now and always...thankyou so much! Have a gorgeous week xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is incredible - thank you for sharing this. I prefer the TV interior to the original I must say but the architectural details of the house are mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx